Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blacation

Yes folks, I was on a little bit of a "blacation" this last week, that is a blog vacation.

I am not sure what caused the delayed absence.  I had plenty of material to write about, lots of pictures, and even time (well kind of).  I just needed a little break.

May is the most insane month of the year for me in little teacher land.  I have to somehow still continue to teach, grade, pack, show up to work, go to prom, go to tons of awards nights, graduation, and senior events and keep my life put together.  I actually think all teachers are super heroes this time of year, totally delusional super heroes.

I coached the students in their game vs. the teachers last week.  We dominated due in large part to my motivational pep talks.
May is so crazy that I had to establish a life rule.  The life rule was established one May when I was finishing my semester of grad school, starting a new relationship, looking for a new job, and trying to wrap up the current school year.  All of the above ended sub par.  So the life rule I came up with was No major life decisions can be made in May.  EVER! So far it has served me well.

This last week was filled with fun.  Some quick highlights before I fall asleep here.

1. GATSBY!
I offered extra credit if they went with me to see the movie.  About 70 students showed up.  We had a lovely time annoying the folks who were just there to watch the film with their sweetie.  I also felt like a rock star every time a kid walked in and made sure I saw them.

With 70 students, but by myself.  I guess it isn't cool to sit with your teacher.

2. OTHER MOVIES!
OK I have been on a movie watching frenzy!  I have seen four movies in the last week and a half. I saw Iron Man 3, 42, Gatsby, and Star Trek.  I am living like a girl who doesn't have to work and I love it!

With May on a Tuesday at Iron Man 3!

3. PROM!
I have been to prom more times as a teacher than when I was a student, and you know what I have way more fun now.  One of the best parts was the prom theme was A Night at Gatsby's.  I have the best students!  I really enjoyed breaking up couples during the slow songs.  My motto for the night was, "Don't make memories, make good choices."

Double fisting it with the souvenir glasses from Prom.  We are double awesome for following the theme

4.  MOMS!
I had a great Mother's Day celebrating my mom.  I also got a little love from May.  She gave me some candy, a coffee mug, and a picture of herself to put in my wallet.  I would think she was really related to me with the amount of self worth she has!

Gifts from May!

Alright short and sweet for tonight.  Time for this lady to get her beauty sleep.

Blacation officially over.

love! Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment