Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Listed Tuesday: 9 Reasons I Won't Quit Facebook

Another Tuesday, another list.  I am telling you I think in lists all the time.  I was making a homework assignment for my summer school class and I just kept adding things to it because I wanted the list to grow longer and longer.  I then realized innocent children actually had to complete the work on the list and I deleted half of it.  You're welcome, students who do not even know I have a blog.

As I was thinking about what to post today I wandered my pretty little eyes over to Facebook to check out the haps.  I actually do not like Facebook that much anymore.  I am pretty bored with it if I am being honest with you.  I also long for my junior year when Facebook became a thing.  It was so simple, so fun, so private from my family.  But the moms have found the book and they have changed it forever, and it ain't all bad.

As much as I complain about the book I do not think I will shut it down, like I did to myspace.  Remember myspace?  Gross.

9 Reasons I Won't Quit Facebook


1.  Sometimes my mom's friends post really inspirational things that I need to hear to get me through my day of grading, writing, working out, and dog training.  I just logged on to Facebook and here is the first inspirational thing I found.  It too 3.892 nano seconds to find it.

10406777_444343569034987_7475133007733225469_n

 

2.  I really want guys I dated that are still on my Facebook to eat their heart out at my grainy selfies from Instagram.  If a Walden filter doesn't scream, "I am so over you!" what does?

Erica Jacquline Jamba Juice


3.  I need to know what I believe politically.  I know a lot of you have unfriended or removed your politically active friends from Facebook.  I personally love reading what they post.  I need to know what I do not believe.  I have just taken to believing the opposite of what my politically active friends post on Facebook.  It has actually panned out pretty well and I have a lot of free time to not watch the news now.

4.  I need to be able to delete ugly photos of myself that people tag me in.  If I was not on Facebook 5 ugly photos of me could be out in the world for you to look at.  Just kidding I always take the prettiest pictures this is just something other people have told me they like to use Facebook for.

5. My coworkers remind me when I can wear jeans to work.  They are so nice and will take a photo of a pair of jeans and tag me in it.  It is the little things people.

Ducks Fans

6. So my mom can have a friend.  Just kidding mom that was so mean!  I love you and I will never put you in a home

Mom

 

7. To keep up with BuzzFeed Affairs.  How else would I know what emoji I am or what it is like to turn 30?

8. So all my friends can know what my grandmother looks like.  No joke my grandmother will ask us to take photos of her and then post them on Facebook so our friends know who she is. I get my narcissism from her and my charming quality of having to pee every few hours.

Grandma

9.  To have another avenue to clog the interwebs with links to this here blog. On that note you should probably like my page here if you haven't already.
Erica Jacquline


Please join me for Listed Tuesday and make sure to check off each item on the list below:
- Write a post about anything you want that includes a list of sorts
- Add the Listed Button to your post
- Come by Erica Jacquline on Tuesdays and add your link
- Read other posts, comment, and make new friends
- Shower, rinse, repeat each week.
- Follow your hosts! 


Erica Jacquline


Erica jacquline


Bloglovin






38 comments:

  1. I agree with most of these...I don't use facebook that much, but the untagging of photos is essential ha! x

    Danielle at Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Steph's! Loving this post. I just stopped looking at FB on the regular a week ago and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit. But I'm with you on probably never fully deleting it. How will I get my drama/gossip when I have a sudden urge for it?!


    Can't wait to link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great. I usually choose the opposite of what my obnoxious political posting friends say too. I also have to approve pictures to be tagged -- best discovery ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this is great! The untagging. So essential. And I also feel like my social events didn't happen unless there is photographic Facebook proof of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha I dont care for it that much but its like I cant look away... its weird. Ive deactivated it for all of 2 days before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. I went on an untagging spree on Facebook the other day. I have coworkers on my Facebook friends now, so I need to start clearing out photos from college. And LOL at #2 I'm guilty of, and #6, my mom is still mad my sister hasn't added her on Facebook yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha your poor mom!! i'm pretty sure i just made it worse by laughing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, half the reason I'm still on facebook is because I enjoy quietly watching the train wreck lives of people I went to high school with. It's entertainment you can't get anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyyyy I have to pee every few hours too! I also got it from my grandmother. It's quite a hassle. Also, we all know that every time a hot picture of us goes on Facebook we say a little prayer our ex will see it. Dang straight I'm hot and happy without you and with all these Instagram filters. Oh, you see a photo of my new boyfriend who's hotter than you? Enjoy drinking beer by yourself, loser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. but seriously, how will i know what disney character the girl i went to high school with that now has 4 kids picked on the buzzfeed quiz without facebook?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on Facebook because there still comes a time when you just need to do a little stalking...and it's still one of the best places to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha! so funny, so true. the political point especially - i have no need for watching the news on tv between facebook and twitter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and I love the idea for Listed Tuesdays! I don't love EVERYTHING about Facebook but I love that it lets me keep in touch with people I may not have otherwise, and with people I really want to keep in touch with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, I can relate to some of these. I just like the interaction I get with the few FB friends that I actually keep. :D That also means I don't add new ones that much nowadays because I like to keep my photos tagged. It helps the fact that I use an alias and set my privacy settings to be as exclusive as I can.


    Nowadays, only those who shares at least one mutual friend can add me. So if it's a random coworker I meet at a new city, s/he wouldn't be able to add me even if s/he finds me...unless we have a mutual friend. I think I'm managing mine well, which is why I can afford to keep FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha so true. i'm going to have to try out the political one...that should eliminate a lot of wasted time from my life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha I hardly ever post on facebook but I do go on often to see what everyone else is up to. But I agree it is pretty boring lately.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for letting me know where ya found me! I love steph's blog! Excited to have you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Right? I gotta know what the world is doing with my image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also love that I don't always have to take photos cause someone will post them on Facebook eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! I love that. I have it too and it has been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is cool. We talked it out! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes the coworker as Facebook friends! I am so picky I only let a few on there. I just don't want to know what most of them are up to. Your poor mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. NIce! i have deactivated it for like a week during finals once. It was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is kind of fun now and then, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is very true! I think most of us could work for the CIA with some hardcore FB stalking as a skill.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Right! That is important info girl! I need it to continue to judge her in nonsensical ways!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know! I feel like I am probably misinformed, but it might be a step up from not informed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a friend snob too. I just don't want to deal with it. I don't have a huge group of friends in real life so why should i on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Too true! I do like being able to talk to people far away and see what they are up to. Hope you join the link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. But you can find a great inspirational quote now and then so that is something!

    ReplyDelete
  31. yes yes! It has proven beneficial. Until you are face to face with them and they try and tell you something. Then you still need to keep polite manners, bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  32. In a way it is how I use Instagram to make Facebook better.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fair point. Though I do keep some folks for arbitrary reasons. I even blogged about it at: http://express.faded-aeterna.com/facebook-diversity-the-douche-in-me/


    Shallow as it might be, I like to keep things juicy as long as everything's manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  34. hahaah I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. […] this girl is also a dog lover and a teacher! Kindred spirits much?. My favorite posts are: 9 Reasons I Won’t Quit Facebook, Ways to Find Your Blogging Voice, and How to Kill A […]

    ReplyDelete