Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recently

Last week I was in the great city of San Diego, which we all know means.... (By the way how terrible was Anchorman 2?)

[caption id="attachment_1810" align="aligncenter" width="600"]The only day I actually made it to the beach. The only day I actually made it to the beach.[/caption]

I was there for a teaching conference for the AP Psychology class I am teaching next year.  For those of you who are like app Psychology what is that?  It is the Advanced Placement Psych, the college version in a high school classroom.  In other words a ball of full for adolescent teenagers!

This conference itself was so inspirational for me.  I love hearing good teachers give lessons and help me be better at what I do.  I will say though that being a student again was hard.  Sitting in a chair from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with a lunch break was torture on my back and attention span.

While I was struggling to stay awake and attentive I realized that teachers are the absolute worst students in the world.  When our teacher gave us group work I would roll my eyes and act like it was the hardest thing in the world to read two pages and tell someone about it.

The people behind me were on the computers the whole time watching the World Cup.  Which, by the way if another person tells me they played soccer in high school and that they have always loved soccer I am moving to Canada.

The whole class (including me) was on their phones checking gmail and texting.

The older folks in the class threw a temper tantrum when we went over the changes in diagnosing people with a psychological disorder (DSM 5 changes for the two of you who are also psychos).

And because it was a room full of teachers everyone thought they were smarter than the rest, tried to correct the instructor, and would talk and talk and talk just to hear their own voice.

As a species we are not so spectacular when combined in large groups.  Thanks non teaching friends for putting up with me!

Also my dog ate my students homework.  Well she tried, I stopped her, but the irony made me giggle.

My Dog Ate My Hoomework

Also go see 22 Jump Street.  I have not laughed that hard in a movie for a very long time!  If you were not super keen on the 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street was amazing!

And on one last note,  I have been living in these tank tops from Target.  I bought one in every color and they are the essence of my summer wardrobe, They were all under ten dollars a shirt, so I say that is a win win!  Maybe even wear it when you go laugh your face off at Channing and Jonah.

[caption id="attachment_1807" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Go buy ten of these from Target, You will thank me later! Go buy ten of these from Target, You will thank me later[/caption]

 

Don't forget about Listed Tuesday!  Make a list slap on the button and have some fun!
Erica Jacquline

3 comments:

  1. I remember sitting in on faculty meetings during my internship and when the teachers had to do group work they got so aggravated LOL

    That tank is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy that class sounded like a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you are inspirational. I'm going to live my dream of being a teacher through you. You are the type of teachers that we need!

    ReplyDelete