Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Healthy Treats

One of the ways I splurge in my life is on my health.  I have come to find that treating myself well and taking care of my body are some of the best ways for me to feel good about myself and the world around me.  OK enough of my hippie ways how about I just share a few of my favorite ways to treat myself!

1. Shakeology!

A good friend of mine told me about Shakeology about two weeks ago.  Yes I have only been using it for two weeks, but I can tell you I love it so far.  It is a meal replacement shake that is delicious and filling.  I have tried others like Slim Fast and I can tell you I am dying of hunger in about two hours after drinking it.

Shakeology keeps me full for about four or five hours. One of the things it promises is to help reduce craving for junk food.  This is my favorite part of it.  Since I have started to use it I have wanted way less sweets and chips etc.  I still eat junk food but I stop after a few bites or actually crave fruit or veggies instead.  Honestly I am loving this product and would recommend it to anyone.

It costs about $4 a shake, which if you think about how much you pay for lunch is about the same.  I am currently using the chocolate, but I am excited to use other flavors because I like to blend in fruit and it is hard to find things other than bananas that work well with chocolate.

I use my little Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender add some almond milk and a frozen banana and bam delish breakfast or lunch!

2. Tone It Up 

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="345"] via[/caption]

I joined Tone It Up a couple of years ago and have loved learning more about health and nutrition.  I do not follow the program strictly, but I do use a lot of recipes and really enjoy the Perfect Fit and workouts. My favorites are the vanilla pro tine powder and the Beach Babe 2 DVD.  I get a wonderful workout from home.  I also love that Karena and Katrina are so positive and fun.  They are very inspirational to keep working out and being your best.

I have other things that I love that I will probably share in another post.  But for now what are some of your favorite ways to treat yourself when it comes to your health?

 
Treasure Tromp

6 comments:

  1. i've heard good things about tone it up. i will need to look into the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard good things about tone it up. I've done such a terrible job logging my food since my appendectomy, but I have to be a bridesmaid in a month, so it's probably time to start working on my arms again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tone It Up! that is what I am doing alone with weight watchers. xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avocados! Sounds weird but $1 per produce is a lot but they are sooo good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try TIU. I have had Shakeology before, but just can't seem to get into it. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed up to be a Beachbody coach because of my love for Shakeology!! I also got the 21-day fix workouts and it is the best program I have EVER done! Did you sign up for Home Direct? It's like $25 cheaper a month! Also, I only use half a scoop so it normally lasts 2 months. I'll get home direct for 3 months (since it's cheaper) turn it off for 3 months, then turn it back on for another 3 months.

    ReplyDelete