Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Hair Cycle

I realized that I am such a creature of habit when it comes to my hair and my hair color.  It may not seem like it because I went from this:

Erica Jacquline Graduation

To this:

Erica jacquline

in a day, but even that is predictable now.

Maybe you can relate to me, but I am on a hair cycle that is getting shorter every time.  The first time I think it was over the course of two years, then a year and this last time it was only six months.  I am pretty sure I am a addicted to changing my hair, is there a support group for that yet?

Here is how the cycle goes

1. Be brunette

I usually go brunette because well, God gave me brunette hair.  I will usually go through  a phase where I just want my hair to be natural and not have to worry about highlights.

Erica Jacquline

2. Add a few highlights

This happens after about three months of natural clorored hair.  I get bored and want just a little something more.  I get really find blonde highlights to break up the monotony.

Erica Jacquline

3. Shoot I have roots now, guess I gotta get my highlights touched up.

Because when you get your highlights done you actually get more blonde in your hair this turns in to the curliest cycle of all.  The more touch ups the blonder you become.  The less touch ups the more roots you have.  It is evil and I now know it is from the devil.

Erica Jacquline

4.  Dang I am blonde!  Well if I am going to be blonde might as well ride it out and try and look like Jennifer Aniston.

So you bring in a photo of Jen A. in her honey blonde glory and think this is it.  This is the color I will stick with forever.  Then your roots show a month later and you hate yourself again.

Erica Jacquline

5. Just dye it brown.  I cannot handle my roots and the blonde and it is too expensive.

Erica Jacquline

6. Find a gray hair.  Blonde is closer to gray than brown.  I think I should get some highlights to hide this one gray hair….

Don't forget that Listed Tuesday will be back up and running again!  Sorry about last week for some reason running a graduation ceremony was time consuming, who knew?

 
Erica Jacquline

33 comments:

  1. definitely need to hide the one gray hair with blonde ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!! YUP! like I can't even begin to tell you yup. I totally understand.


    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha yes that is me too! I was told also that highlights cover grays better than all over color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own my brunette-ness...but I get caught in a hair cycle too. I love my hair short....but then I think...what if my hair looks really good long? So I go without a haircut for 6 months-1 year till my hair gets past my shoulders and it's long enough to be annoying and I actually have to style it (when it's short it styles itself. ;P ) and then I chop off like 6 inches and go back to short. Right now I'm in the my hair is so long and I feel like cutting it off soon stage....but everyone keeps complimenting me on my long hair so I think they are trying to subconsciously convince me to keep it long....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truer words have never been spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way!!! Mine goes with the seasons which is pretty typical. I colored it a semi-bright red a couple months ago and its soooo grown out, but i dont know what i want right now. I'm also with Rachel on the short/long thing. Ugh. Hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaa too cute! I just got my first highlights in 10 years. I guess I am entering the cycle! I don't know if I could ever pull off full blond, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha i change mine up too. mine are always shades of blonde, but they constantly change!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair in all of the colors =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you look great no matter what color your hair is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're rockin every single style, I go between bangs/no bangs all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwahahaha! I totally went through this about a month ago! I found a gray hair and was debating to cover it with honey highlights, but then remembered how blonde I ended up going years back because of the touch-ups. Plus the upkeep is just so.much.work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha!! This is definitely me! I started dying my hair red in high school and then reddish brown, then I would go back to bright red, the dark brown...hahaha! I tried going back to my natural color, but then I realized I have way to much grey for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally relate!! I got engaged in August 2012 and have been growing my hair out ever since then...to say I am obsessed with long hair would be an understatement. I think by summer next year it will be just where I want it...at my ass. JK but seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. prior to that I was on a short hair rampage from highschool till I got engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do not look good as a blond, so I go from light brown to black and it's based solely on my mood. Also, I am 25 years old and about 20% grey, so I really HAVE to dye my hair! It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get caught in the long short one too. Oh hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe it. But I mean how many grey hairs can I have before 30?

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks girl! It is good to know other people understand

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah hair problems!! If only I had a live in colorist!

    ReplyDelete
  21. we are all on a cycle with hair, some of us are just crazy others, are reserved like you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I have had that one too. I would probably be deep in that if my hair stylist would listen to my request for bangs. She pretends she can't hear me sometimes! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. well thank you! I love mixing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i think I need to stick with the brunette shades as it is close to natural. The blonde just gets out of control up in here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hear ya! I am growing my hair too. BUt now i see a ton of short hair cuts and think, maybe….

    ReplyDelete
  26. I started in high school too! I would get it done for free too. It set me up for disappointment. You mean it costs 80 to have your hair dyed? It was a harsh reality shock!

    ReplyDelete
  27. We gotta do what we gotta do! I am sure you look lovely with the grey too, but I would probably dye mine too.

    ReplyDelete