Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Summer Playlist

I recently shared my summertime playlist over on Helene In Between.  Because I am so close to the ocean and my brain hurts after all day in classes I decided to share it here with you today!

If you are me your life is pretty great right now.  I am on summer break because I deal with society's children for 10 months as a High School English teacher.  Summer is the best ever and all I really do is nothing, just find more ways to relax. One of the best ways I relax is with music oh and going to the beach because I live in southern California, please don't hate me.

Because "Summer Erica" has taken over for the next two months I thought I would share chill summer playlist with you.

1. Bob Marley "Three Little Birds"

I am pretty sure this is the quintessential beachy, chilling song.  No one does it better than Bob Marley

2. Jake Owen "Beachin"

I love me some county music and Jake Owen is a total hottie.  I would sit on a beach with him any day.

3. Keith Urban "Little Bit of Everything"

I dare you not to dance around and sing along to this song.

4. Kenny Chesney "When I See This Bar"

I just want to be at an island bar with all my buds when I hear this song.

5. The Eagles "Take It Easy"

I love some classic rock and The Eagles have been preaching a message of taking it easy for most of my life so I try and listen to them.

6. Paul Simon "You Can Call Me Al"

Such a silly song that I thing belongs in summer.

7. Ray LaMontagne "You Are The Best Thing"

Obviously Ray is singing this song to summer.

8. Patty Griffin "Heavenly Day"

First, Patty Griffin is amazing.  Second, she wrote this song for her dog. Third, my dog Penny and I love this song.

9. Tom Petty "Learning To Fly"

Try and be uptight during any Tom Petty song.  Just try it.

10. Joshua Radin "I'd Rather Be With You"

All of his songs are relaxing and chill so I just picked one for this list.

Chillin by Erica Thompson on Grooveshark

 

What are some of your favorite summertime songs?

11 comments:

  1. YES! I love that you shared it here!! it's such a good playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to see Ray LaMontagne this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake Ownen <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE Joshua Radin! One of my favorite songs that makes me think of summer is "Sunshine in my Sky" by Kate Voegele. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Convinced that we would be best friends. Never met a girl from California who liked so much country music...or ANY country music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love You can me Al! It really is such a fun silly little song that I wish more people loved

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of any of these! I'll have to check them out, thanks for posting! x

    Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my summer song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15pMHi9h8rI&feature=kp

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list! And there are some on here I've never heard before that are definitely great summer tunes. For me, Bob Marley is EVERYTHING. And Jack Johnson makes some pretty nice mellow, riding with the top down music :)

    ReplyDelete