Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting Gritty With It

Hi Friends!  I am so excited to have the lovely and talented Ashley from The Grits Blog here today.  If you have not visited her blog what have you been doing?  She is a lovely blogger and has some amazing hair tips to make your mane even better.

Ashley Grits Blog

 

If you are having a bad day what is the one that can always lift your spirits? 

This face. I mean seriously - how could it not?! Well this face and a glass bottle of wine. Both just rock my world and make everything feel  - and look - better. I mean seriously, if you need more reasons to love this face just go read his blog takeover.

If I could go any place in the world where would you go and why? 

Here. I would go here. Nope not going to name this place - it's a little family getaway place that I have been going to since I was three years old. However, you can read about my vacations there here.

It's a small little town that not a lot of people know about - which is why it's so special and secret. This place needs to stay a wonderful, peaceful secret. So for now, just look and admire from afar.

What is your favorite book, TV show, movie?

Well I just read and reviewed The Night Circus and currently it's my new favorite. Obviously, Harry Potter is my number one and will always be my number one - but right after it is The Night Circus. The imagery was beyond gorgeous and so well written that I could see and smell everything. When I cracked the book open to where ever I had previously closed it, I felt like I was instantly transported to where ever the characters were in the book, like I was actually there. It will for sure be a re-read. You can read my full review here.

If you were given a free day and a $100 what would you do?

I would go to the movies and buy panties. There is a Victorias Secret in the mall where our movie theatre is located. I always buy panties when I go to the movies - it's like my favorite pastime. Seriously, you can't argue with me here. Is there really anything better than a new pair of pretty undies and then a large buttery popcorn, large half diet half regular coke, and a pack of milk duds?! Nope. I think not.

What is your favorite line from a movie?

This is easy.

My favorite line is from my favorite movie - Gone With The Wind. If you are like what the hell is that - then you are missing out on life, go watch the movie.

I can't give this line justice, just watch the youtube clip and wait for Rhett Butler's line (about 5 seconds or so in).

Gave you goose bumps right?!

See she is totally great!  Be sure to follow Ashely over at Facebook, Bloglovin, and Pinterest!

The Grits Blog

6 comments:

  1. haha truth Ive never watched that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love me some ashley!! gone with the wind is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Ashley!! She is the best!!! But truth be told....I've never seen that movie! I know, what rock have i been hiding under?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh go see it!!! It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some Helene too - your blog is the bombdiggity

    ReplyDelete