Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Thank You To My Mystery Car Fixer

This week I am coming at you from the lovely city of San Diego!  Before you get all envious I am here for a teaching conference, not a relaxing vacation.  It appears that when you teach an Advanced Placement course (AP for those of you who still remember high school) you have to sit in a classroom for a week to know what they heck you are teaching (I am glad they are helping me).

Today I decided it was high time to link up with one of my favorite bloggers Emily from Ember Grey for her Grateful Heart Monday link up.  I sometimes need a reminder to be grateful for what I have and what I have been blessed with, so I love that Emily gives me that opportunity every week.
Ember Grey

Today I am so grateful for my car looking like a normal human owns the car again.

You see the condo I live in came equipped with the smallest garage ever.  So maybe that is not true, but it is what I tell myself.  Because it was the smallest garage ever I scrapped the side of my car more times than I would care to admit.  The passenger side of my car had what i was assuming a permanent white starch about two inches wide all the way to the bumper.

People would ask me what happened and all I could do was reply, "I happened."

A few weeks ago I was at my uncle's house with my mom and when we left she went over to my car to look at the damage.  She then asked me when I got it fixed.  I told her I hadn't had the time or money to get it fixed yet.  She was confused because the starches were gone.

I told her she was clearly looking at the wrong side of the car, but when I went over she was right.  All the starches and disgusting reminder that I stink at parking were removed from my car!

I have no idea how it happened, when it happened or anything other than my car was fixed!

So thanks!  Thanks if you fixed my car to make the world look better, or if you were a friend who just wanted to help, or if you are God and you just wanted to heal a car this time!  Whatever, whoever, however my car was fixed I am truly grateful!

I am also super grateful to introduce you to some of the best sponsors and bloggers a girl could ask for!

From Mississippi With Love



1. Give us two posts recent posts you love that someone new to your blog should read.


1 year of blogging: I recently completed my first year of blogging and was able to reflect back upon what I've learned in this first year. It was fun to realize how far I've come since first starting this hobby and make new goals for how I want to continue growing in my second year.


A list of things I'm really good at doing: This was a silly post I wrote one night when I wasn't feeling too great about myself. Even though it is meant to be humorous I think the message behind it is important to remember; we all have special talents, they just aren't all the same.


2. Tell us a little bit more about your blog.


From Mississippi With Love is a lifestyle blog about trying to navigate life in your early 20s. Sometimes it'll be silly other times it'll be serious or just down right random, but it'll always be real.


3. What is one thing you really love about yourself? 


One thing I really love about myself is how close I am to my family. I thought moving home after graduation was the end of the world, but a year later I'm so thankful that I get to live with the best support system in the world.


4. What is one thing you hope people walk away from your blog with? 


I hope everyone who reads From Mississippi With Love leaves thinking "Wow Hill seems so cool; I want to be her best friend!" Haha just kidding, but not really. I just hope everyone leaves thinking what I write is genuine and can relate in some way.








1. Give us links to two recent posts you would want a first time reader to read first. 



Avocado Ranch Pasta Salad is one of my favorite meal posts. I'm not one who cooks or prepares fancy meals, so when I find a Pinterest recipe that I can make, I like to blog about it. And I must add, this pasta salad turns out delicious.


Small Closet Organization Part 2 is a recent favorite as well. I don't have the luxury of having a walk-in closet. So, I have to somehow make a small closet work. After a lot of browsing through Pinterest, measuring, cleaning and reorganization, I managed to organize my small closet for all my clothes to fit.

2. Give us a little introduction to you and your blog.


 I'm just a Texas girl trying to figure out how to balance life with work. A Pinch Of Jasmine is just a glimpse of my life through Instagram photos, Pinterest pins, posts about my dog, and more. 




3. What is one thing you love about yourself? 


Yikes. Well, I like being spontaneous. Life is too short to not be. If there's something I want to try or somewhere I want to go, I'm 99.9% down to do it.



4. What is one thing you hope someone walks away with after reading your blog? 


Hopefully readers will feed off of my blogposts of trying new things, even if it's as small as trying a Pinterest recipe or buying tickets to go to the ACM Awards next year. (Yes, I jumped on that opportunity real quick. It's not every day there's a country music awards show schedule to take place within driving distance from your city.)

26 comments:

  1. That's incredible. I'm so happy for you, there are good people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you ever find out let me know because i have the same scratches on my car from hitting my own tiny condo garage. booo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that someone committed an random (or maybe not) act of kindness to that extent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel the same way when someone fills my car up with gas, except I always know it was either my mom or dad who did it after borrowing my car. But seriously that's so awesome that someone would just fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's so amazing! So glad that there are people out there who would do something kind like that for no reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is soo awesome!! puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love random acts of kindness! {came by from the Grateful Heart link-up}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, what a cool story!! People like that are awesome--even though you have no idea who it was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm this is amazing. Seriously. Are you dying to know who did it?! I feel like we need to do some kind of Facebook search with this person with homemade signs and stuff... because I'm dying to know. (This is why no one randomly fixes things for, because I'd act all psycho trying to find them.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome that someone would take care of your car for you like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the linkup - how awesome that it was just fixed, out of nowhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fo sho! I think we need a website for random acts of kindness sign ups

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was floored! Still have no idea who did it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right I love them whoever they are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am trying to find them, but maybe it was just an act of nature/God? I don't know! Too bad there want a note!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know! It is one of the nicest things that has happened to me.

    ReplyDelete