Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How To Grow Your Blog - Live and Learn

Today I am happy to join the party over at The Craft Practitioner and pals for Live and Learn Thursday.

The Crafty Practitioner

One of the things I have been living and learning this month has really been in relationship to my blog.  I have had a huge increase in readership and interactions this month and I have loved every minute of it.  The more I learn about blogging the more I love it and want more of it.

I have noticed some of the biggest blogs do a few things and I totally gave into their peer pressure.  Here are the things that I now do or own and the result has been a more visited blog.  The truth is probably due to some great giveaways, but for today this is how i lived and learned on how to grow my blog.

Take a DSLR photo of yourself

This does not mean take a lot of photos with a DSLR camera, or even buy a DSLR camera.  All you need to do is take a photo of yourself holding a DSLR camera.  Borrow one from your uncle, neighbor, or Best Buy take a photo and slap that bad boy on every social media outlet you have.  Let the world know you were in the presence of a DSLR camera, thus legitimizing your blog.
DSC_0012

 

Get a Dog

This one will be a little harder to fake.  Sure you can take a photo with a friend's dog now and then but if you do not post pictures of your fur baby at least twice a day none of us professional bloggers will believe you.  This will probably be the largest investment you can make for your blog.  So far Penny has cost me 16 crap loads (that is an exact figure.)   But the joy she brings me when I get 20 likes on Instagram is irreplaceable.

20140122-184156.jpg


Get in a relationship


I have been told I am too picky when it comes to dating.  Once I lowered my standards and just dated people to have blog material I became much more relatable and open.  Instead of looking for my Thor-like man to hold me in his incredibly buff arms I can date guys who play Playstation hockey and then tell you they are pretty my Thor or a NHL player and you ÷don't even know the difference.




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="508"] I would like you to meet my boyfriend.[/caption]

Write about blogging


Blogger cannot get enough of blogging.  I mean it is like our black tar heroin, I am not even sure if that is a thing i just heard about it once on the street. I am telling you my posts about blogging are my most viewed posts.  For example Things This Blogger has Yet to Say and Best Blogs To Sponsor.  Now this post will be up there with the huge posts about blogging in the past.


This is of course all in good fun! 


I loved working with Lindsey on this post.  She is the very sweet and crafty lady over at The Crafty Practitioner.  You should read more of her posts about Live and Learn.  You will also be so jealous that she did not make your birthday party Lorax themed when you see what she did for her son's birthday.



0061


She is a Nurse Practitioner and a crafter.  She does a great job of sharing her love for people and her love for crafts on her blog.  You can follow her on Bloglovin, Twitter, and Facebook.


IMG_6964






31 comments:

  1. This is my first time linking up! :) Thanks for having me!


    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. im never gonna be a legit blogger. DAMMIT! the only thing i got goin for me is my stud of a man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Penny to write a post a for-- she is just so darned good at it! Then, I will be a better blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have a picture of myself with the DSLR camera and a dog but...thats about it! Guess I'll never be a big blogger! Oh well. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time linking up!! Thanks for doing this! Can't wait to share my bloggy-ness with other fellow bloggers :)


    totravelandbeyond.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that should take care of all of it. What more do you need? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny's manager will send you her availability! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was re-reading my comment and it makes no sense to me now but I'm glad you can translate-- but for real. Lets talk.. I'd love for Penny to guest post on my page one day. We both know that Levi is always on my page so it's only fair that Penny guest post.. after all your blog is one of my faves! SO glad you co hosted today! Come back and play with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm two down and two go to! Not too bad! ...it is like our black tar heroin... ha! That cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you! I am glad it was funny and not out of line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha I knew I was doing something right when I got Colby J :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me know if you need a guest post. We are happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linking up!

    And just wanted to say this post was awesome! Especially the part about the DSLR haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linking up with you and the other fab ladies. And just wanted to say this post was awesome! Especially the part about the DSLR haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this cracked me up. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some people read my blogs purely because they are fans of my husband.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a new reader of your blog :) This post is so great for a few different reasons.. #1: is that a Nikon J1? I have a J1 and LOVE IT! #2: your dog is adorbs. What kind is it? I have a cockapoo and she's one of my favorite subjects to photograph :) I also saw--through stalking some of your past posts-- that you're a teacher :) Awesome. So am I. I teach 3rd grade. Needless to say, I'm a new follower and am looking forward to reading your blog!

    visit my blog at www.anchorsthesoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would actually love for you to guest post!! When would you be able to do it and do you have any ideas about it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! Thanks girl! I love my DSLR (Compact) I am not as cool as I could be, but I try so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aren't you so sweet! Thanks for taking the time to poke around and read my posts. I am so excited to visit your blog this weekend as we totally have a million things in common!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Damn, I need to get a pretend dog and pretend camera ASAP so I will become legit! LOL Thanks so much for co-hosting this week... I didn't know anything about it until the night before, otherwise I would have reached out to you earlier and checked out your blog, it's lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do have a dog that I borrow and take pictures of, and I do have a husband. I could probably work on writing about blogging a bit more, and I'm going to have to figure out a way to get my hands on a DSLR camera. That one could prove to be tricky. Hmm...


    Thanks for co-hosting with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. No worries girl! It was fun to co host and make some new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for having me! It was fun getting to know y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ha ha! this was so funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete