Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Lunar New Year A Vlog

Today I decide to make a vlog and link up with Ashten for Vlog Like a Boss.


 Always Ashten


I am not sure why I thought vlogging would take less time than actually blogging, I was wrong.  Anyway here is me explaining the greatness that is Lunar New Year, or as most people call it Chinese New Year.




Lunar New Year Vlog from Erica Jacquline on Vimeo.



 Here are some silly pictures of me with the words broken down in English transliterations so you too can be as fluent as I am in Mandarin.

DSC_0235




DSC_0236


DSC_0238


DSC_0239 (1)


DSC_0240


Say it all together and you have "Give me your money!"


Happy New Year! and my the Seahawks win the Superbowl, because is my new favorite human being in the world.


10 comments:

  1. WAIT! YOU LIKE THE SEAHAWKS TOO?!?!?! SO DO I!!

    GO SEAHAWKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled down WAY too soon.. I should have watched the entire video (instead of just listening) first. I just sat here wondering why you had a drawing of the word Gay. LOL
    Umm.. GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qin nian kuai le! (that's the happy new year phrase that you had written) And your creative pictures of: Gei wo ni de qian! is quite awesome. Chinese New Year has long been my favorite holiday--way more fun than Christmas, and as a kid, you can make bank on those hong bao, in Malaysia all married people give hong bao to all unmarried people. Where were your simplifying pictures when I was learning Mandarin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really dont care about football, but some close friends do, so I picked the Seahawks to keep my friendships. Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! DIdn't even think about how awkward that could be if you didn't even watch the video! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will make pictures and break down any Mandarin phrase I know. So that would be seven phrases. I will make pictures for seven phrases. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vlog. I think its great when bloggers do it. It's like we can get to know you more. I love how sarcastic you are....at least I hope that you were being sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true. I like it when I can hear someone's voice it makes it more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your props!! and now I know another language :) well kinda, only one phrase but it counts

    ReplyDelete
  10. The things I could teach you in Chinese! You would make no friends though! Fung Pe means who farted. another useful phrase!

    ReplyDelete