Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Ruined A Child's Life

So I am pretty sure I (Penny) ruined a child's life today.  I mean this could really haunt him for the rest of his life and I feel terrible.

This morning I was took Penny out to do her business. She hates it when people walk by when she is pooping. I think she has some performance anxiety or something.  Anyway we were outside, Penny just pooped, I was picking it up with a bag my neighbors leave their house to go to school.
20140122-184156.jpg

 

Penny saw them and decided that she had to become best friends with the boy.  The boy is probably 12 years old, wants to be on the basketball team, and is nice to his mom.

Penny took off so fast that I lost my grip on the leash and ran right for the boy.  He was holding a box and couldn't do anything about it.  I ran after her and tried to get a hold of her.  Her leash got tangled in the boy's legs and it was all one mess.  I finally got her free from the sweet child and noticed he had something on his leg.  I assumed it was dirt and just walked away.

I went to my house with Penny and realized I had the bag of poop in my hand and it was not tied off.  I looked at it and realized that it was not dirt on the poor boy's leg, it was poop!

I then had a whole vision of what that boy's day, year, and life were going to be like.  I am sure some nicknames like Poopy Peter, Smelly Smith, and Stinky Stanley are in his future.  Really this kid could have major social issues for the rest of his life and it is all my fault.

I saw him playing basketball after school and I wanted to ask him how his day went and tell him it would all be OK.  But I was too shy because I was probably the person who ruined his life and will cause him to never be married and live with his parents for the rest of his life.

So Stinky Stanley if you for some reason read this blog, I am sorry.  I hope my dog's poop did not ruin your life.  If she did I will be looking for a letter from you in a few years from Iceland.

Please forgive me!

Erica (and Penny, I mean it is really her fault!)

24 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! I would have just died...and to be honest probably have taken the same course of action that you took. Hehehehe Iceland.

    Can I also just add - your tags for this post literally made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes- and Penny is precious!!! I love dogs - I have three!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I just read them and did not realize how silly they were! It might be my new favorite part of this post. And penny says thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl! I just told someone at work about this mishap and he laughed pretty hard at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness!! I can't stop laughing now!! This is awful but hilarious all at the same time!! Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omygosh poor kid haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know right? Jr. High is already so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awful and hilarious are two of my favorite adjectives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG hahahaha poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rather than ruining his life.. you might have ruined his Mother's day! Because if it was me-- we would have gotten in the car and Stinky Stanley would have smelled what was on his leg (I can't smell anything- seriously), told me.. after I freak out, my extreme OCD would have kicked in and we would've had to turn the car around to go back home and give Stanley a bath, burn his jeans, and then take him back to school. That would have put a damper on my whole day of extreme couponing, meeting the girls for lunch, and then my mani pedi. Geez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not to mention that with the laws and the way schools are now-- I probably would have gotten reprimanded by his teacher AND the principal for being late. And when I told them that he'd gotten poop on his leg, they would probably call Children's and Families to investigate me for allowing my child to play in feces. This really is complicated. You should REALLY watch what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is funny. I wonder how long it took him to realize it was poop. Oh Penny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh... BAHAHAHAHAHA! That's too funny! I can't believe Penny would do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right! Let's hope he noticed and washed it off. I now run the other way when I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In a way i hope he did notice and in a way I hope he went all a day without a care in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! When I imagine clamity it is always for someone else. It is too scary when I put myself in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She just loves too hard. There are worse things in the world I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HA! I mean really if you hear this name on the news one day it is my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Girl-- I hope you know that I was being silly and over dramatic (which I never really am unless I'm joking around). You have to understand that I've been stuck in this house all day due to the snow so I was entertaining myself. You can read more about our snow on the Live and Learn link up tomorrow.. which I hope that you will join us for!! We LOVED having you last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHAHA. I just died. Poor Stinky Stanley :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I should buy him a bar of soap for his bday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No worries! I knew you were being silly and creative :)

    ReplyDelete