Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Foto Friday: Dog Beach

As I mentioned yesterday I was given a wonderful new camera for Jesus' birthday.  It is not as fancy smancy as a Canon DSLR but it is pretty nice.  It is a Nikon Compact DSLR camera. It has settings on it and it is fancy but it is so much easier to use.  You have to focus it and zoom and stuff, but it ain't all that bad.  I signed up for a photography class and I am the nerd who takes my new camera every where.

Below are my photos from this week.  It was a delight filled week full of nothing.  So in order to live my life of riley I took my pup to the dog beach at Newport Beach for the first of many times.  She was such a good dog and had a ton of fun.  She was totally not into dogs her size and only played with the big pups. Her new best friend is India the dog, who belongs to my friends.  Overall it was a beautiful Southern California day.  I mean where else in the US can you go to the beach in the dead of winter?

FF Dog Beach

[caption id="attachment_372" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0109 Fallish weather by my house. Really this is as seasonal as we get.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_382" align="aligncenter" width="640"]image-9 This is an iPhone pic, but it was too cute not to share![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_380" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0194 India the dog taking a momentary break from digging.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_381" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0198 Justina and Taylor[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_379" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0184 Penny loved running like a mad woman around the beach.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_375" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0164 India posing for a photo[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_376" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0171 Penny is super intrigued by Taylor's artistic sand ability.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_377" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DSC_0175 #Penny[/caption]

image.png

10 comments:

  1. Go Penny Go! Did you see that girl run? I have some photos of my dog running as well. That is a good camera to get that type of motion shot. I really need to practice more with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I heard that camera was fantastic! Great idea about the photography class, that's one of my goals for the new year! Then again I've been saying that for three years now. But this year WILL be the year! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Just yesterday my mom texted me and asked if it was cold down here. I think the high was 82 degrees - yeah, in the middle of winter. I love it when we go to the beach this time of year and see people swimming! Tourists; ain't no Floridian getting in the water this time of the year.


    See, I want a compact DSLR; my camera's a bit bulkier and not incognito when I'm out and about. Sometimes a gal just doesn't want to be noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shorts and your dog is adorable!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is all luck! I took like a gazillion photos and chose the ones that I liked the most. She loved the dog beach. I was super impressed with her ability to hang with the big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it! I am about to sign up of my class tonight. I am so excited to see what I can learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I hear ya! I have loved this camera so far. It takes good photos and I don't even know what I am doing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic of Penny in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It was a pure luck shot! I think she was very happy in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girl! I just checked my spam comments and for some reason like 4 were in there from you! I am so sorry if it looked like I was a terrible blog friend who never replied! Problem fixed now.

    ReplyDelete