Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

6 Things That Happened This Weekend

Where did the weekend go?  Is it just me or was this weekend way way way too fast?  I could have used like 15 more days before going back to work.

This weekend was a big one for some folks in the world, and I was one of them.

First, The Grammy's happened.


Congrats to the night's biggest winners Steve Martin and Edie Brickell for winning  Best American Roots Song: “Love Has Come For You."  I always hate that you have to watch the whole show just to find out who won this extremely well-known category!

PS  - yes that is comedian Steve Martin!  If you want a complete list of all the awards Ryan Lewis and Macklemore won you can click here.

PSS- It looks like Katy Perry has become the Susan Lucci of the Grammys.  Keep your chin up Katy, maybe in 20 years Macklemore will stop singing songs about looking incredible in your grandpa's clothes and your tunes will be appreciated.

Second, Sean and Catherine had sex.  Oh wait, I mean they got married.



It was just hard to tell what I was supposed to be watching and excited for because of all the reminders that they were going to have sex for the first time.  By the way they finally are having sex!  Um, can I just say that if I were going to be getting married on TV I would NOT want all the focus to be on my having sex for the first time.  #boundaries.



Third, the Ducks thrashed the Kings in the Stadium Series 3-0.  I thought that the game would be a mess because it was outside in Southern California.  I mean it was 75 degrees during the day and I was worried there would be no ice. But the game went on and apparently the ice didm't totally melt.


I watched the game from a restaurant with a bunch of other hockey fans and I think I had a better seat from the bar than I would if I had tickets for the game (even though I actually wanted to be at the game).  The Ducks shutout the Kings and I couldn't have been happier!


I was a little excited after the game!

 

Fourth, I went on another date with the guy from this post and he fell asleep at the table.  He wasn't in REM sleep or anything, but homie could not stop yawning!  I was baffled.  I am quite the catch and I am pretty sure it would be really hard to fall asleep while in conversation with me!  I would have let it go but it is the second time it happened!  I am telling you He fell asleep on our first date too.  Fall asleep on a date shame on you.  Fall asleep on a date twice shame on me.

Fifth, It appears I have a soul mate that I did not meet.  I went with a friend to get pedicures this weekend and the man on the other side of her apparently was just like me.  We both get pedicures, love Sherlock, and think vow renewal ceremonies are a desperate attempt to salvage a marriage.  I had no idea of all the things that connected us until later that day.  My friend was a terrible wing person!  So if you read this blog let me know.  All I am looking for is someone who is nice, clean and can stay awake on a date.

Sixth, Penny went to the dog park and showed the world she is a stuck up little dog.  I am telling you she will not play with the riffraff of the world!  If you weigh less than 40 pounds you are no good for her.  I apologize for anyone whose feelings this girl has hurt and I assure you we are working on it.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="576"]20140126-213242.jpg Penny's i know I am better than you face.[/caption]

How was your weekend?  What exciting things happened to you or better yet what boring things happened that would have made a date fall asleep at the table?

8 comments:

  1. I wanted to go to that game sooo badly... A lot of our friends went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to go too! I was waiting all week for someone to just give me tickets. Didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have so much to say.
    1st-Thanks for the updates because I don't get cable. All of my tv has to come from twitter.
    2nd-So that couple has never had sex before? Did they just want to wait or was one a virgin or something?
    3rd-The date fell asleep. You need to do a whole post on that. What! Why? How? I mean did you leave? Did he wake up? Apologize? You have to give more details.
    4th-Penny and Camie really are related. Well..let me take that back. Camie will not play with anyone at a dog park. Shes so scared and acts like she doesn't belong in a filthy park. Seriously. She hates it! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 - any time :)
    2 - According to them no sex. I totally respect them and that decision, I plan to wait until I am married too. The thing that was awkward was that finally having sex was all the show was about. It was awkward.
    3 - His head was bobbing up and down at the dinner table. I gave him another chance cause he seemed tired. 2nd date he couldn't stop yawing. He needs to visit a sleep clinic.
    4 - Our girls are so cute and stuck up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He fell asleep??? What a punk. Also, I feel like when I get married that IS the only thing I'll be thinking is "holy crap I'm going to have sex." Let's talk about a nerve wreck of a bride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, my husband is the biggest Kings fan ever. I won't tell him that I'm reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! Oh man I will try and not bring them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I hear ya girl, but I won't be on TV for the world to watch.

    ReplyDelete