Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cause High School Is All About Me

First off I want to welcome all of you who found me today from Helene's blog!  I really hope you stay and read a while.  Just a few things you should know about So Much Sunshine if this is the first time you stumbled here: 

1. I live in Southern California and it will be 80 degrees today 

2. I work as a teacher and a college counselor for crazy teenagers. 

3. Pray for me they are applying for college this month and if they ask me one more time if I wrote their recommendation letter I might just write a letter full of quotes from Mean Girls. 

4. I just bought the cutest dog in the world.  I am a little afraid some big guy with tattoos will steal her one day.  

5.  I love a few things a lot.  They include Music, the Ducks hockey, travel, and finding joy in all that I do.

Last week at my school was spirit week which was meant to lead up to the Homecoming football game.  Unfortunately we didn't have a game so we just had spirit.  Every year we have silly dress up days and sports day is always one of them.  If you look at #5 in my list above you will see that I like hockey.  I was very sad this year because they canceled sports day and replaced it with superhero day.  I would much rather wear a jersey than a Batman t-shirt, but maybe that is just me.

When I heard this sad news I immediately thought of how I could rebel against this new regime of tyranny that was surrounding me.  Being the grown up that I am my solution was to wear hockey attire everyday that I could.  Really This week is all about me and my ability to wear a hockey jersey one day a year to work and have it count as professional attire. 

Crazy hat day/ pajama day/ superhero day.
I am pretty sure I rocked it.  Next time you decide to let children do what they want I will find a way to make it all about me and my wants (kidding..... kind of).

I blame my grandfather for my rebellious nature.  That man was a true rebel.  He was mad once that it was snowing while he was driving.  Instead of pulling over and waiting out the storm he kept driving 80 mph while wearing sunglasses.  True story.  My mother never went in the car with him again. 

I also thought it would have been a great idea to use my new puppy Penny as my gold accessory for Blue and Gold day.  But she tends to poop where she isn't supposed to so I left her at home.


--------------

Today over at Helene's blog I am involved in a little giveaway for some cash money!  Follow along with the info from Helene's blog or just do yourself a favor and go there yourself, cause she rocks. 

Today some of the coolest cats I know are giving away $115 Paypal cash. What does this mean?! Well if you happen to be celebrating the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah then we're gonna give you some extra cash in your pocket! 






4 comments:

  1. penny is the perfect accessory! and i would be so bummed if they cancelled dress up day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost spit out the cheese I was currently stuffing my face with when I read this. Your grandpa = hilarious. Actually, all your posts are hilarious. I love your sassiness. You are one of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is adorable and I did find you through Helene, love the intro!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW I had no idea you were a college counselor - that job has got to be demanding, but I'm sure so rewarding!! :)

    ReplyDelete