Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Best of the Best

Welcome readers from The Daily Tay!  I am so glad you came over for today after reading what I wrote for her blog.  I truly appreciate your visit and I hope you stay awhile and send me a comment, tweet, or email and let me know what you think.  Also, if you are debating blogs to sponser I can tell you Taylor makes the process easy and fun.  I would highly recommend her blog to you, it is filled with sassy humor and gorgeous photos of Chicago and her dog Harlow. 

I love putting together playlists for my weekend.  It is by far one of the things I look forward to the most each week.  


I went to a Ducks hockey game last night (for those not from Southern California Yes the Ducks were based on the Mighty Ducks movies.  Yes I love them both.  No, they are not the Mighty Ducks anymore).   Whenever there is a break in play the sound person plays some music to get the players/ crowd pumped.  Last night they played some Journey and I had so much fun!  
From the game last night.  Going classic with black and white for some classic jams today. 
One of my favorite albums is my Journey Greatest Hits album.  I could listen to that thing all the time, and I do. 

I realized that for today's playlist I wanted to go through my Greatest Hits or Best of Albums and share with you some of my favorites of my favorites.  As I made this playlist I realized I listen to old music, which is awesome.  I actually kind of refuse to buy a greatest hits record until the artist has been around for at least 10 years.  This will explain why most of the artists and bands on this list are from previous decades. 

Tiny Dancer and Philadelphia Freedom- Elton John
I just love Elton!  It is actually one of my goals to get to see him in Vegas soon.  I pretty much love all the songs on his greatest hits album.  How can you go wrong with Tiny Dancer though?  I always think of that scene from Almost Famous when I hear this song too. 
P. Freedom is actually my fav Elton John song.  I defy you to be grumpy when you sing along to this song. 

Take It Easy - The Eagles
The Eagles are just amazing.  Really their CD is one of my favorites and I could have picked any song here.  
Don't Stop Believing and Anyway You Want It  - Journey
The first here needs no explanation.  Anyway you want it was actually the song that set this playlist in motion so I reckoned it earned its place on the playlist. 

America - Simon and Garfunkel
By far my all time favorite band is Simon and Garfunkel.  America is a beautiful song and again reminds me of Almost Famous. 

Fire and Rain - James Taylor
Come on, who doesn't automatically picture Gary Bertier getting hit by that car in Remember The Titans when you hear this song?
Free Fallin' and American Girl - Tom Petty 
 I choose two songs for Tom because I genuinely love Free Fallin' but I didn't want to be too cliche so I threw American Girl in there too. 

Heavenly Day - Patty Griffin
The first lady on the list.  I love this song and I love that she wrote it for her dog.  
You've Got a Friend - Carol King
If you need to relax and clear your mind Carol's Living Room tour Album is the one for you. 
Where the Green Grass Grows and Something Like That - Tim McGraw
I only have two country artists on this list.  I think that is because I only like a few people's entire body of work.  Tim is classic and always a go to. 

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - Kenny Chesney
Even if you hate country, tractors, or sexy men this song will put a smile on your good looking face. 

Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
I LOVE THIS SONG!  I sing it so dramatically and with such feeling people stop what they are doing to stare at me.  Sing it MJ.  Sing. It. 


Best Of Best Of by Erica Thompson on Grooveshark

Well there you have my old lady Best of the Best music selections.  I am clearly in some need of some fresh artists in my best of collection.  I am sure in 10 years this post would look different and Single Ladies would be my top choice.


Follow on Bloglovin


 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

No comments:

Post a Comment