Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Favs!

Welcome to another round of Friday Favs! 
This week I am actually sitting on my couch enjoying some weekday morning TV.  It was just time for a day off.  So here's to vacation days where you do very little. 
 
Over here in California we have been told countless times that "The Big One" is coming.  This is just supposed to mean that a huge earthquake is due to shake the state, maybe even send us into the ocean for good.  In order to help us prepare for this catastrophic event the whole state, maybe other parts of the nation participate in The Great American Shakeout.  We have a whole school earth quake drill.  We hang out on the field, some teachers and students "die" it is all just delightful.  I enjoy the day because I get to wear jeans to work on a Thursday and chill with my favorite friends on towels in the sunshine.
My teacher friends and I providing much needed help at the earthquake drill.
I will say that i hope to Jesus I am not at work if a natural disaster ever befalls the grand state of California.  We are by no means ready for an actual emergency.  Say a little prayer for us and our safety issues if you feel so inclined!

Next up on my list are The Anaheim Ducks!  I am heading over to The Honda Center to see them take on the Phoenix Coyotes (wow that word is not spelled how it sounds).  Being from Arizona you might think I love Coyotes, but I actually thought it was dumb Arizona had a hockey team.  I am pretty sure most folks in that grand state enjoy weather that never dips below 70 degrees.  Granted I am in So Cal now and the same could be said here, but it does get cold sometimes.  I mean i have a pair of Uggs that I will be wearing tonight.

If the Ducks win tonight it will be their 6th straight win in a row.  Such a great start to the season!  I will admit I miss Bobby Ryan, but the guys they got have really stepped it up.  Perhaps next week I will give you my list of hottest Duck players.

Venus Trapped in Mars

Hey look at that I talked about sports on Friday!  Looks like I can finally link it up with Sarah!

Last up I just finished a book by Lauren Graham.  That's right Lorelei Gilmore wrote a book.  I actually only read Someday Someday Maybe because she wrote the book.  I will say that there were some charming moments in the book.  Some moments made me laugh out loud.  I also felt like I got to know more about her start in show business.  Although the book is not about her presay I can tell she used her life as the backdrop for the story and character. It is an easy fun read.  If you are a fan of Lauren Graham or actors, give it a whirl.


I am also announcing now that I will be joining the National Novel Writing Month.   Essentially I will write a 50,000 word book in one month that NO ONE will ever read.  I have always said I wanted to write a book and this might be the way to get me towards that goal.  I will let you know how it goes as we get going, but I am super excited and nervous at the same time.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend and do something you love!

3 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS wanted to do NaNoWriMo! One of these years I swear I'll actually do it haha.

    Just found your blog from the Daily Tay. You're so cute! We don't live in Cali, but our school had a little shakeout day of our own - hopefully we don't have an earthquake anytime soon though! I teach 5th grade :)

    Anyway, I'm your newest follower on bloglovin. See you around!

    Brooke
    Silver Lining

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting this post about the hottest players on the ducks. That sounds FABULOUS. How was the game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must check out that book! I love her.

    ReplyDelete