Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

He Died: A New Dating Philosophy

Well we made it through another Monday.  I don't know why, but I have been really excited for life on Mondays this month. I think it is because there is such promise at the beginning of a new week. I have hope that everything that was terrible on Friday might have worked itself out over the weekend and I can start fresh.

I actually just may be alright with this particular Monday because I had a movie day after school with my psychology students.  I offer extra credit once a quarter if my student stay after school and watch a movie that relates to the curriculum.  It is usually a great movie that I just do not have time to show them during class.  Right now we are learning about different states of consciousness and one of the main points is on drugs: why people use them, the effects, and how to get sober if you are an addict.  We watched Walk The Line today and the kids were so cute.  They stood up and cheered at the end and were really into it.  
I was a little worried because Walk The LIne because it is about a time period in America they did not really know much about and it was country music, but dang it, they gave it a chance and I think they learned a little something too. 




I will now be totally changing topics, brace yourself.
This weekend I had a couple conversations with some great friends that were pretty much about the same thing: Why do guys seem interested for two weeks and then fall off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. I am sure most of you ladies at some point in your life have had some sort of experience like this, at least most of my girlfriends have.  
Here is the situation as I see it.  You think a guy is maybe great and you are excited to spend more time with him.  You are pretty sure he is into you too, mostly because he said he was, and then two dates in he is gone.  He doesn't call.  He doesn't text.  He doesn't smoke signal.  
If you are like me you spend a couple of days waiting for the call, text, smoke signal.  When it doesn't come you spend a little time rethinking how the dates actually went, think he might have dropped his phone in a puddle of water and then realize it hasn't rained for like a month.  Sometimes I look through some old text conversations, realize I text to much, and resolve to not text him too much when he finally gets in touch with me again.  Somewhere around day 5 a revelations comes to me.
Random date guy died.  I mean it is the only possible explanation for what happened.  I can smart, funny, tall like Heidi Klum, and I am appropriate in social situations.  His death is the only thing that explains why I suddenly quit hearing from him. 
 









Can we please be proud of my first GIF?  Hey Oh Taylor. I think she would totally benefit from my "He's Dead Philosophy of Dating."

Thinking of random date guy as dead really helps with the bitter aftermath.  If I get frustrated that he fell off the face of the earth I remind myself, that he might have actually fallen off the face of the earth.  I will think something like "That poor guy he was so young, he probably had so many great dates planed for us," instead of "What a jerk!  I can't believe I bought a new dress for this!"  
I share this extremely valuable information with you because I know am not alone.  Next time you go out with a guy that disappears after a few dates just remember, he probably died tragically.  It might help you cut him a little slack as you delete his number from your phone. 
 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

7 comments:

  1. I LOL'd at this. YES! He died. I'm going to say that every time a guy drops off the planet now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay first gif ever. and yes, clearly he died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he died...till you see him in the mall. Happens way to many times to me. Or the best one yet...he forgot we went out, found me on a dating site and messaged me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fully support this philosophy. I also support the philosophy that I'm too hot to handle, and they are scared of me. That helps me feel better and more intimidating. Also, I came here from the Daily Tay's! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm gonna add this philosophy to my list of explanations of stupid male behavior ... makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! Yep it is one of my top coping mechanisms!

    ReplyDelete