Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

- When did you know you wanted to start blogging?

I blogging in 2011 in order to document a mission trip I went on to Central America.  One of my friends on the trip would blog updates for the group which kind of bothered me.  I did not feel like his words represented the whole group or me.  Instead of complaining about it I thought, I have a computer and writing skills, I should just write my side of the story.  After that experience I realized that I love writing and sharing stories with others (my mom). When I stated to blog again this year I really loved writing helps me focus on my day to day routine and finding meaning in ordinary things. Blogging also keeps in in constant writing practice for the day I sit down to write a book or try my hand at some comedy writing.

- You recently changed your blog name (something so many bloggers go through- I know I did!) how did you decide to change?

It is actually kind of funny.  When I first started to blog in 2011 my blog was called So Much Sunshine.  When I came back to blogging this year I was caught up in being like others in the blogosphere and I thought I had to have a title with my name in it, hence Everything Erica Loves.  It never felt right though.  I didn’t hate the title, but it felt generic and like I was trying too hard to fit in.  I decided to just do what I like.  I love the quote by Walt Whitman “You are so much sunshine to the square inch” and I had a friend give me a card with this quote and told me that I embody it.  I really appreciated her words and wanted to at least try to be a person who brought light and joy to others in life and in my writing.
 

Taking time out of the day to celebrate Leap Year.
 
- What makes you the most happy?

These are a few of my favorite things: people, music, live concerts, kids making good choices with their life (I am a high school counselor), dogs, travel to anywhere, Jesus, your mom, terrible jokes, thoughtful gifts, a good book, a cozy blanket, a cup of coffee, writing.

My Students gave me the world's largest paper chain last year.  I am still cutting of links.
- What's one of your favorite posts you've written? 

I have no idea why, but I am strangely proud of this post about my ability to drive men away with my baking and text messaging skills I am also partial to this post involving my tank top tips for men.  It is very important that the world starts to listen to me on this one. Sorry that is two.

- What movie best describes your life?

Titanic.  I once was in a sinking boat (kayak) in the middle of the ocean (about a mile from the land) and had to be rescued (by a hobbit in a motor boat).  I was just sad Leo wasn’t there with me.  

Vacationing in Ireland, the place where Titanic took off for the last time. Actually that is just a poster, for all you know this could just be at the movie theater or the mall.
- Karaoke song of choice?

Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi or Man in the Mirror by MJ.  I love to sing very dramatically and these songs really allow for over the top theatrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment