Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Be Careful!

I was reading a post over on Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Blog about the value of being a goofball and I loved it. Claire Danes was quoted as saying “One of the lessons of her adulthood, Danes has said, was ‘that there is real honor in being a total goofball.’
 
I personally was so happy to read that someone in the public eye was so open about how great it is to be totally and utterly silly from time to time. I have been called silly or goofy from time to time.  While I think some people do not mean it in a nice or positive way I for one am happy to be identified in this manner.  I know I am smart and capable of deep conversation and it does not belittle my intelligence that others see my more fun loving side. 
 
This weekend I had the opportunity to relish this side of myself.  I went to dinner at Olive Garden with a friend of mine.  I wanted a huge salad and it seemed like the place to go.  While we were there we paid way too much attention to our server, Jordan.  Jordan was by far the most attractive server I have ever seen in my life. Any way we were watching him grate cheese over people's dinners and then he accidentally turned the cheese grater and the block of cheese fell out. 
 
The wait staff didn't realize what happened and they kept on doing their job.  I wanted to tell dear Jordan that he dropped the cheese but, I feel that would have immediately made me see silly.  Instead I wrote him a note.  I warned him of the impending doom that lay under the the table across from us.  
 
Below is the cheese and the note I wrote.  The note reads, "Be careful!  There is a block of cheese on the floor under that table!" xoxo Erica.

The epic cheese to the left and my amazing note on the right.
Clearly this was not the most silly thing I have ever done, but it was fun and I laughed and laughed about it for awhile.  I actually just yelled "Be careful!" to my friend and she yelled back, "There's cheese on the floor."  We are just plain awesome! 
 
If you get the chance take the time to be a little goofy.  It will make your life happier and possibly others too.  I encourage you to embrace your goofy side and have a little fun today! photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

2 comments: