Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

That Is Still A Thing?

So I just got TV again after being a Netflix/Hulu girl for the last three years.  It turns out TV has not changed that much in the last three years.

The first things I watched were Friends, Modern Family and How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days.  Really I could have just had a time machine and gone back 3 maybe even 5 years and found myself doing the same exact thing. 


While I was watching I came across a few things that I really thought had died or at least should have died.  

WWE is still around?  I saw a commercial for it and I was rather confused.  How is that still a thing? I mean really didn't it die like a year ago?

The Kardashians are still alive?  I kind of assumed they would just self destruct one day.  I mean all that vapidness in one family is bound to lead to a natural disaster one day.  I was just hoping that day already came. 

Source
Lifetime.  Not really a show on Lifetime just Lifetime as a whole.   But I should be glad because my Dollywood Christmas movie is coming out soon, so lets hope Lifetime lasts a little longer. 
Even though there are still some things i wish would just die I am glad that there are some things that have not changed on the old TV. 

Harry Potter Weened on ABC.  Oh man when that stops running I am going to just run away to another country, cause really what is the point of being in America if you can not watch Harry Potter for an entire weekend?

Source
The news.  I have been a little out of the loop for the last few years.  In fact I got all my news stories from twitter and facebook, totally informed people using that medium of communication. The news is still there and i have TV in time to hear all about this here government shutdown.  

Source
Sports, sports, sports! I have missed being able to watch the Ducks from my own house and May has been waiting to watch Blake Griffin in all his glory for quite some time.

Movie Trailers.  I had no idea what movies were playing for the last few years.  It is amazing to be able to know what great films are coming out and when I can expect to frequent the theater. 

Gah!  I love you Thor!

 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

2 comments:

  1. are we soul mates? i had tv but only hulu and netflix for the past 4 years. we finally got an antenna and i still don't watch it, nothing good is on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just got DVR after moving to this new house and what is always on record, Friends of course! and the news hasn't changed much, you can pretty much read it all online anyways and we could never go to just hulu and netflix because Sean would curl up into a ball in the corner of the house without ESPN or his Chargers on TV

    ReplyDelete