Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

So Much Sunshine - A New/Old Blog Title

Hi friends.  If you have been around here for a while you will notice that I changed the title to my blog.  I have moved from Everything Erica Loves Back to So Much Sunshine.  

When I first started to blog in 2011 my blog was called So Much Sunshine.  When I came back to blogging this year I was caught up in being like others in the blogosphere and I thought I had to have a title with my name in it, hence Everything Erica Loves.  It never felt right though, probably because I actually liked the old name.  I didn’t hate the title, but it felt generic and like I was trying too hard to fit in with all the girls who had their name in the title with a clever saying.   I decided to just do what I like.   

I love the quote by Walt Whitman “You are so much sunshine to the square inch” and I had a friend give me a card with this quote and told me that I embody it.  I really appreciated her words and wanted to at least try to be a person who brought light and joy to others in life and in my writing. 

My card/photo wall in my office with the card that inspired the blog in the very beginning.

3 comments: