Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

McDonald's Gave Me PTSD

So yesterday I had a very traumatic experience happen to me.  I actually might have PTSD.  You see I was very sleepy yesterday and my one cup of coffee wasn't cutting it.  I drove through McDonald's on my way back to work after a meeting. and got myself a coffee.

I then went back to work and let it cool off a bit.  I sat down at my desk to take a sip and my lip was brushed with something hairy.  I immediately spit out my drink in the garbage and fished out what I thought would be a hair.  I was wrong it was many hairs clumped together. 

I calmly placed it on my drink and went around the office freaking out to anyone who wanted to hear my story.  Everyone who looked at it freaked out and maybe almost threw up.  It was gross.


There was a former student visiting that morning so I took him with me to McDonald's prepared to make a major fuss.  When I walked in I thought about screaming, "The food is tainted!  Don't eat it!" and throwing trays of food on the floor.  But then I remembered my life is not a movie so I patiently waited in line.

I politely gave them my drink and showed them my discovery.  The lady at the window seemed to know that it was there when she gave it to me, but I might be reading into the situation a little too much. 

They offered me anything I wanted on the menu for free, but I told them I was never going to eat there again.  Actually that was my favorite part.  Hey we gave you coffee that was disgusting, can we offer you something else to totally gross you out?

They gave me my money back and now I am telling you, STAY AWAY FROM MCDONALD"S!

If you want to know which one it was I will tell you, if you are not in Southern California don't fret. 

I will give you a disclaimer and say I only ever went to McDonald's for drinks, diet coke and coffee.  Now it is totally dead to me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word. I'm dying. EW EW EW. Also, I had to pretend I was having an extreme coughing fit (since I'm in the middle of a class) to cover up the fit of hysterical laughter erupting from the pit of my stomach. You should have thrown the trays. And also added "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH." Life can be a movie if you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shooot. diet coke from mcdonalds is my favorite. please tell me what was in your drink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know whether to be completely disgusted or laugh my butt off. I'm laughing! Best line: But then I remembered my life is not a movie so I patiently waited in line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I actually said that out loud too, It was terrible!

    ReplyDelete