Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On Moving On

I am currently sitting in the teachers lounge in a pink snuggie writing this post and waiting for basketball practice to end so I can go to Rubio's and eat some fish tacos!  As I sit here and catch up on all things blog I have been thinking about what I would do if I did not live in Southern California anymore.  
California has a lot to offer and more often than not I love it here.  Some of my favorite things about Cali are that the weather is usually wonderful, the beach is about a 45 minute drive away, the mountains are an hour away, there is great entertainment in concerts and theater, the sports teams are good (Hello Ducks!) and my family is all here. . 
Despite my general appreciation for The Golden State I often get the itch to leave.  There is a lot about my life here that I am pretty sure I can live without such as the insane traffic, overcrowding, the shallow, vapid people, the pace of life, the smog.  I could go on and on, but I am not looking to be negative.  It will suffice to say that if I had a good reason and the potential for some good friendships I would up and move.

I was reminded of my desire to get out of dodge when I read Helene's post about the Texas State Fair.  I grew up going to the Arizona State Fair, because I grew up in Arizona, and it was always fun. I am a small town girl at heart and there are times where I want to get out of this fast paced life. I told Helene that I was jealous of her state fair going ways and she told me to move to Texas.  It was funny because I actually have thought of moving to Texas and a few other places.  I decided it was time to share my list of places I would relocate to if the circumstances were right.

Austin, Texas
 
 
I have heard that Austin is really great for people my age.  It is smaller than Dallas and Houston, but larger than the small towns that the southwest is known for (am I allowed to call Texas the Southwest?)  It know there is huge music culture there, which I would love.  I also know that the University of Texas Austin is amazing.  I have actually thought about applying for school to get my doctorate there. 
 
Washington DC
 
My uncle is so cool.  He took this while visiting my cousin last year.
Maybe it is all the episodes of The West Wing I have watched, great memories from my high school trip, or my uncle's beautiful photographs, but I could totally picture myself living in our nation's capitol. 
 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
 
I will be dead honest and say that a huge draw to Nashville is the possibility of falling in love with an up in coming country music star.  I mean, really how amazing would that be?  
 
Chicago, Illinois
 
I realized I have a thing for pretty cities and bodies of water.
I have always heard Chicago is amazing.  My niece is studying at the University of Chicago and she just loves that city.  I also want to pack up and move whenever I read Tay's posts about this city. 
 
So what cities have I missed in my search for my next place to live in?  Also if you know of any awesome opportunities in any of these cities let me know, seriously.

 
 
 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

4 comments:

  1. Chicago is my dream. I just don't know if I am brave enough to up and leave everything that I have ever known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should move to Dallas, it's pretty awesome and soooo close to Austin. It is bigger but also awesomer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to move to Nashville and do exactly what you described!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in San Diego and am always thinking of places I would rather leave for the same reasons you listed. Austin and Chicago are the top of my list. Austin is incredible and other than the heat... I would probably be there!

    ReplyDelete