Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

500 And Counting

Today we are going to keep things short and sweet because I have big plans for this day off.  You see I was going to go on a date but the man in question didn't text me until 10:30 last night to see when I wanted to go out.  he suggested 9:30 am I just went to bed.  Bottom line I have been given a Erica Day and I plan to relish in some down time.

This weekend was a very interesting one.  I went to try to help May buy a car, if you need some stress in your life help an international student from China buy a car.  She still does not have a car and I am not sure when she will have one, tomorrow please!

On Saturday night I went to dinner with my mom.  My mom is one of the most amazing people in the whole world and as I have mentioned here before, my number one fan, HI mom.  She reads every blog post I write and will send me a sweet little text telling me what she liked about it.  That might be too much mom for some people but I like it when people in my face to face life know about my blog and want to talk to me about it.  It is a part of my life and I appreciate that they take the time to read and connect.

I once explained to my mom about followers and what good numbers for your blog are and she instantly was intrigued.  She told em when I reached 500 followers she would take me out to dinner, anywhere I wanted.  How sweet is that?  A free dinner because 500 of you lovely people follow my blog.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="688"]20140120-075426.jpg My mom was really happy she got the hockey game in the background of my picture.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="655"]20140120-075436.jpg Isn't my mom darling?[/caption]

Last week I reached that mark and then I saw a commercial for Red Lobster.  My mom texted and asked where I wanted to go and I knew I needed Red Lobster to make my life complete. We went to the one in Montclair, Ca and had a great meal.

Apparently, our food took a long time to come out to us, I didn't even notice.  Before we even got our food the manager came to the table to apologize for the delay and to tell us our meals were complimentary.   My mom and I both got a grilled salmon dinner, salads, and dessert for free man all we had to pay for were our drinks.  It was a great way to celebrate.  

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="581"]20140120-075443.jpg I do not always order desserts, but when I do there is a warm chocolate chip cookie involved.[/caption]

All of this to say I really love blogging and I love finding ways to celebrate some achievements that this little blog makes.  I appreciate each of you who reads and comments.  I truly love writing and I look forward to many more celebrations along the way.

If you are a restaurant, business or event that wants to celebrate with me when I reach 1000 followers let me know I am always down for a good time.

21 comments:

  1. bloggy milestones are the best! i just made it to 100. congrats on 500 and thats awesome that your meal was complimentary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took my mother-in-law to Red Lobster for her birthday this weekend! We had a great time as well. :)


    That's too sweet of your mom to be so interested in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a well deserved dinner- congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl! My mom is one of a kind! Sounds like you had a great family weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girl! The first 100 were totally the hardest! Celebrate your achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so cute. I am nowhere near 500. I need to go to dinner when I just get 3 people to read my blog. HA! And that warm cookie looks mighty good. You should of put up pics of those cheddar biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how sweet that your mom took you out :) Awesome that you guys got a free meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Erica! I think everyone should be reading your blog! That's so cute that your mom does that- I love when my friends bring up a blog post in real life!
    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! 500 is so exciting. I am so happy for you :)


    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that was one of the sweetest things someone has said about my blog! thank you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, that mom of mine is pretty darn special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I am the worst at taking pictures of my food. I usually just dig in and then remember 1/3 of the way through that a picture would have been good. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a great milestone! And how sweet for your mom to take you out to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray!! Congrats on the milestone and also congrats for having such an awesome mom!! Also, I love that you love hockey! I'm a big fan, and have been playing since age 8. I missed last season because I was pregnant which was heartbreaking but I'm back in action this season, yay! I'm a Sens fan ... I think they're doing about as well as your Ducks are this season haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks girl! I love that you play hockey! I just watch as a fan :) The Sens? as in the jerks who took Bobby Ryan? The Ducks are so good this year, #1 in the NHL. I think it is our year for the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sweet of your mom! and that dessert has my mouth watering! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time I see that picture I get hungry. It is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Every little thing is fun, but milestones are the best!

    ReplyDelete