Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Being A Girl Is Hard Work - Listed Friday

Today I had a lovely time looking for a new media stand for my living room, returning my shopping splurge at Target, and taking Penny to the vet.  When I got home I went to the restroom and look at my pretty face.  I then noticed I had a lovely dot smack dab between my eyes.  Turns out I poked myself with my mascara wand in the morning and did not notice.  I then proceeded to walk around town with a rather offensive mascara bindi on my forehead.  In case you did not just google it, a bindi is the red dot an Indian woman may wear on her forehead.

After this awesome makeup snafu I realized that being a girl is super hard work.  A guy would never have to worry about going to Target with a mascara mark on his face.  They just get to not wear make up and have people say they are handsome.  Easiest life ever.

I then came up with a list of all the ways that being a girl is just plain hard for Listed Friday.

[caption id="attachment_1506" align="aligncenter" width="600"]girl Please note the mascara between my eyes.[/caption]

 

- Children. As a girl you are automatically forced to share a public restroom with all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they all pee in the women's room and it is a pain.  Children crawling under your stall, crying that they don't want to share a stall with their mommy, spilling water and soap all over the counter and not cleaning it up, and the smell of baby poo in every. public. restroom.  I did not choose to have children I should not have to deal with all the children of the world and their bowel movements, even if Jesus does love them.

- Childbearing. While we are speaking of children what is with women being the only gender to have them.  Moms out there you can yell at me, but I am not a fan of getting fat and stretched out and then pushing something out of me.  Maybe if I was a mom or pregnant I would sing a different tune, for today right now, It just blows that the gender I am is the one that has to endure this trauma.

- Fat. The fact that our bodies just hold fat a little bit better than men's bodies.  Come on man!  Again it is because of the whole having a child thing.  Children really are selfish.

- Equal Pay Acts. The fact that the Senate had to even have a vote for an Equal Pay Bill so women can make the same amount of money as a man for equal work.  It boggles my mind that as a nation we have to try to make things fair in the work place still.  Women make $0.77 for every dollar a man makes for the same job.  Why?  I just can not figure out how this happens in our world today.  And if you do not think this is really happening I promise it is.  Email me and I am more than happy to tell you some personal experiences.

- Slower metabolisms.  Men can eat more and get away with it.  I am friends with a married couple that wanted to lose weight.  They both joined Weight Watchers together.  The woman could eat 1200 calories a day and the man could eat 2000.  He would pig out on pizza and still lost more weight than she did.  Being a girl is hard.

- Blogging.  It is a proven statistic that 97% of bloggers are women.  Blogging takes a lot of time from your life and requires much creativity and business savvy.  It is probably why the land of the blogs seems to be testosterone free.

- Make up.  Just the fact that we wear it and men do not.  The fact that men are still deemed handsome or hot without make up and women without make up are haggard or tired.  It is a sad sad world.

- Feminine products, all of them.  It is just a lot of stuff we have to buy on a regular basis

- Undergarments.  So if we are good people and don't free boob it on a regular basis we have to buy twice the amount of undergarments as the men folk.  I also think we pay a lot more for our undergarments too. Stupid boobs, if you aren't too big or too small you are just too expensive.

- All the tests. Mammograms, paps, ultrasounds, test of all relationships, etc.

- Waxing.  Why can't women be valued for being hairy?  I am just saying it is a ton of money and pain just to wax what needs to be waxed.

On the other side it is wonderful to know that I will never have to worry about what a prostate really is or have a doctor check it.  I also don't have to pay on a date so I guess I will take what I can get.
Erica Jacquline


In order to participate in Listed Friday you will need to:


- Follow Erica Jacquline  on Bloglovin (It is only polite)
- Write a post about anything you want that includes a list of sorts
- Add the Listed Button to your post
- Come by Erica Jacquline on Fridays and add your link
- Read other posts, comment, and make new friends
- Shower, rinse, repeat each week





What are somethings that make being a girl hard, but are totally worth it because being a girl ain't so bad. 




32 comments:

  1. Hair removal is awful. I don't understand. We all have hair and we're in a giant conspiracy to remove it all?? :P And I so, so, so wish Angel could just have a baby for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new visitor to your blog and I directly found it super entertaining, colourful, and true! You are writing about what most of us women are thinking: give us more cred for all that we do! It isn't easy and we pull it off with grace. Take care. x
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, being a girl is awesome and yet awful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say I wish we lived closer so we could hang out regularly? Your sense of humor is kind of my favorite. (PS. I'm fist bumping you for this list).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard! And even though I have 3 children, I will tell you that I do hate pregnancy, I just like its by-product :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! So so true! The amount of effort we put into every single day is insane!! My husband always says he's in awe of what I'm able to do in 24 hours.

    Thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would add periods...if you are not having children your body tortures you because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, it's official - I love your blog. This list is great. YES to the babies in public bathrooms. That being said, I'm pretty sure men's bathrooms are STILL grosser, so I'll stick with the poopy diapers for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS FANTASTIC. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all of those. The equal pay thing really gets me. My husband and I work at the same company and we are both horrified by the reality of this. That being said, I can wear leggings or yoga pants in public and my husband can't, so at least I've got that going for me :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh the target splurge returns. i have been there before... more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes for reals. And men constantly ask why we're so complicated all of the time. It's because being a girl is HARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AaaaaMEN sister! Men have it MUCH easier! They have NO idea...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. childbearing , make up , slower metabolism. UGH! I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right? I love it, and I am so glad I am a girl, I just think the government should subsidize some of our expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. right? I am sure it was a man who invented hair removal. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Pregnant ladies act like it is all roses. I knew it was a conspiracy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this comment! I wish we lived closer too! I need a friend that can also double as a body guard :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right, and we manage to do other things like work, have friendships, and so women even find time to raise a family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you! Yeah I wouldn't want to pee in one of those either. Maybe I just want a child's restroom option from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Equal Pay ugh! I genuinely can not believe people do not think it is important! When I get to write my book this will be a part of it for sure. social justice! and yes yoga pants are a god send!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Right? They should be bowing down to us every moment of the day for keeping ti all together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So hard! Men have it made in the shade

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is just so dang tempting. I returned over $100 worth of stuff. At least I returned it though. It could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Right? It is so sad man! But I like being a girl in spite of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks girl! Glad you found my blog :) I love that you said we pull it off with grace!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ugh, all so incredibly true and incredibly unfortunate. oh well, at least we don't have to spend our time talking to each other about farting, burping, and pooping like the male species seems to like to do :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. hahaha great list! All of it is so true. Why on Earth do we wear make up and buy bras and wax when men don't have to?

    ReplyDelete
  29. It is true. I wonder if men ever feel oppressed by typical male conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Right? I am going to boycott. JK I like all those things.

    ReplyDelete