Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

What Happens In Vegas

Well friends I made it home from Vegas in one piece a little tired and sun burnt, but much happier to be alive than I was when I left.

[caption id="attachment_1252" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Just waiting for Matt, Brad and George. Just waiting for Matt, Brad and George.[/caption]

As I mentioned in my post providing some great advice for 21 year olds, we went to Vegas to celebrate my friend's niece's birthday!  In order to make sure Taylor had a great time in Vegas we made a list of 21 things she had to do before she could go home.  I think we got through half of them.

[caption id="attachment_1232" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Giving Tay her list of dares. Giving Tay her list of dares.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1238" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Erica Jacquline The Birthday List[/caption]

As I have mentioned before I love me a good piano bar.  We spend a few hours at the one in New York New York and I had a great time sitting at the other piano until a waitress told me to leave and singing my heart out to the greatest hits from the 80s and 90s.




[caption id="attachment_1236" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Just chilling at my happy place the piano bar. Just chilling at my happy place the piano bar.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Erica Jacquline Piano Bar Taylur got a Happy Birthday song sung to her.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="600"]20140407-113049.jpg Can you go to a piano bar and not request this song?[/caption]

We also hit up Serendipity 3 and of course had a frozen hot chocolate.  I have to say I love the one in New York a little more, but it was still a fun time!

20140407-113153.jpg

 

After Serendipity we walked around and Tay completed a few dares.

[caption id="attachment_1246" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Yelling "I'm the king of the world!"  Many people were very worried for Tay! Yelling "I'm the king of the world!" Many people were very worried for Tay![/caption]

And of course we had the strangest encounters with men.  There were two nice Nebraska born and raised boys sitting by the pool and Justina asked them if they would give Taylur one of her items to collect.  We then hung out for a little at the pool and talked about how they are married.  Yes we find the married men in Vegas and make friends.

They found out I had a blog and actually found it.  If you are reading this, hi guys!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="538"]20140407-113201.jpg These boys gave Taylor one of her 21 items. Sorry I suck at taking photos outside.[/caption]

We also found two very tall and nice men from New Zealand and stalked them for a little to get them to take a photo with Taylur to complete her take a photo with a stranger dare.  They were a little afraid of us and asked if we were from the Bloods or Crips because we were from LA.  I told them I was in both and they found a reason to leave our pleasant company very quickly.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="553"]20140407-113211.jpg They posed creepy to emulate our level of creepy.[/caption]

Overall it was a wonderful weekend full of antics and fun.  I was a little sad to leave and go back to work.  If only every weekend was filled with silly fun in new places.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="614"]20140407-113220.jpg Our little group making our mark on Vegas![/caption]

I also did not see any country music stars while I was there.  I am pretty sad that Kip Moore did not respond to my tweet to meet me and get married at the hotel chapel.  Maybe next year.

15 comments:

  1. Dang! Looks like you girls had a lot of fun! I'm jealous!!!!! You should've recorded her "king of the world"!!! bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha--sure looks like ya'll had a great birthday celebration for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a ton of fun and I was so tired yesterday I thought I might die. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have! She just turned to us and said I'm gonna do it! and took off. Everyone's reaction was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man! looks like so much fun, i have still yet to go to vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun! I need to go there. I love that you guys made a list for her to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the birthday list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha looks like a blast! I love the list of things to do. I don't even remember what my friends made me do for my 21st birthday... typical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That birthday checklist is fun. Never seen anything done like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. […] things have really helped me pull out of my mini soap opera: 1. going on a mini vacation to Vegas 2. exercising almost regularly the #1800minutechallenge has been great at keeping me motivated 3. […]

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun. I personally think Vegas is a little overrated, but it can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha! too bad I wasn't there to take to many photos of you doing embarrassing things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! It was my friend's idea I just added a few items to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was great fun! making lists is my new favorite thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! My friend came up with a lot of it. I just contributed the last five or six.

    ReplyDelete