Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SAHDM - A Stay At Home (Dog) Mom

What day is it today?  I have lost all concept of time and it is glorious.  As I might have mentioned before I am on Spring Break this week.  I know a ton of you who are probably very jealous and I totally get it.  I will just let you know at the school I work for I get no paid vacation time and I am still working from home a little this week. So maybe just be a little jealous, not change your whole career so you can have Spring Break jealous.

This year's spring break came at me late, y'all it is almost May!  I was one worn down kid and I made ZERO plans.  While I have been at home the last five days It dawned on me that with my new addition of Penny when I have large chunks of time off I am a SAHM or Stay At Home Mom for the non-mommy blog readers.  I reckon to make it even more appropriate I am a Stay At Home (Dog) Mom.  Here is my very intense schedule for all of you who are considering being poor and staying home with your dog everyday.

My life as a Stay At Home (Dog) Mom


Stay At Home Dog Mom

 

7:00 Wake up and take Penny outside

7:15 Make coffee and write a blog post for the day

8:30 Publish post and read a few other blogs

9:00 Take Penny on a 45 minute walk

9:45 Eat breakfast

10:00-12:00 Watch episodes of Sex and the City on E!

12:00 Have a snack

12:00 - 6:00 Hang out, see a movie, go to lunch with a friend, go shopping, laze by the pool

6:00 Take Penny for another walk

6:30 Eat dinner

7:00 - 9:00 Work on some blog stuff, clean the house, maybe wash my clothes, maybe not.

9:00 Yoga or Pilates

10:00 Read in bed for an hour

11:00 Try to fall asleep and not be scared of all the noises that happen after 11pm that you have never heard before because you are too tired when you actually have to work.

It is a really difficult life.  I thank you so much for your patience while I try and get things done around here.

Because I have had so much free time I decided it was time to catch up on some movies.  First up I actually watched one of those Hallmark movies that was on TV, told you I was a stay at home mom.

It was the one with Katherine McPhee and she dreams of her new boyfriend and then he was real.  As I watched the movie I realized that is pretty much how things are going to have to work out for me too.  It seemed more realistic than actually meeting a man in the wild, like I have been trying to anyway!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="725"] via[/caption]

I also ventured out in public to see Captain America.  I am just going to say what everyone should be thinking - BORING!  I just cannot get on the Cap bandwagon.  I fell asleep during the first movie and I wasn't going to see this one either. However, a coworker practically insisted I see it and love it so I took his word for it, I will never take his word again!

I will say that I thought Katherine McPhee did a much better job as The Winter Solider than she did in the Hallmark movie.  Sure it was a bit of a stretch for her, but she totally transferred herself.  Well almost, she kept the same hair.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="630"] via[/caption]

Alright lovelies I am off.  The time is 8:45 so you can figure out what I will be up to now.

22 comments:

  1. I wish I could be a stay at home dog mom. Glad you are enjoying your break and getting some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You're hilarious I wish I were on a break. My schedule is a little more ugly than yours. I firmly support watching all the episodes of Sex and the City - in one session too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just want to be a stay at home gf with a puppy! is that too much to ask! ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hold on tho, it takes you only 45 mins to write your blog posts? teach me your ways bc i spend hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring Break is amazing. I lost track of time, dates, and everything. I didn't have to worry about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! Happy Spring Break! I love that you are doing so many fun things. (Love SITC on E!) I am very impressed you're waking up as early as you are. *golf claps*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure! I will say that this week makes up for all the crazy this year… almost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you! I am just preparing for the calm before the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks girl! I have not done much of anything and it has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right? I wish every month had a spring break

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh NO! I take over an hour on every post! I wish I could only take 45 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why can't people pay us to do this on the regular?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is all Penny! She wakes me up soooo early it is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would looove to be a SAHDM. In fact, if I could get pregnant with puppies rather than children, I'd go get myself knocked up TONIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa @ Ameliorer la VieApril 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM

    Being a stay at home dog mom would be amazing! It's great that you're making the most of your vacation with lots of relaxation time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! Would love if you'd check out my blog at www.loveolia.com! Hope you'll follow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. […] i pointed out yesterday I am enjoying my week as a Stay At Home Dog Mom.  Yesterday was no exception.  I went out with Penny and my a friend who is also a teacher and […]

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahah! other than delivering 12 puppies it would be the way to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks girl! I finally feel like I have wound down enough to relax, only four more days :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post. I was unemployed for this entire winter, so my answer when someone asked what I did was "Oh, I'm a stay at home dog mom!". My schedule basically looked a lot like this with the addition of spending an hour or two each day searching and applying for jobs. Now my spoiled pup hates that I'm working again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Right! I went back to work this week and I was so sad, but not as sad as Penny. I couldn't look at her as I left the house today.

    ReplyDelete