Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Nerdy T-Shirts


Last week I gave men some tips for their tank top wearing ways here.   This week I am going to give some unconventional tips to anyone who cares. 

I am a firm believer that people need to own a few t-shirts that are just a little bit nerdy.  Being a teacher it is pretty easy for me to find places to wear these shirts.  My favorite day of the month is free dress Friday.  I just need to slap on a pair of jeans and one of these shirts and I am set. I have a friend who teaches History and she owns a few Abraham Lincoln shirts.  Her students just love it when she adds heart stickers to her Abe shirt on Valentine's Day.  

Not a teacher?  It is cool you can find something that you are interested in.  For example my niece loves all those shows like Dr. Who.  She own several shirts to show her pride.  She is now selling them on Ebay for $9 to earn some summer money!  

Anyway below are my favorite nerdy t-shirts in my wardrobe.  

I love my Gatsby shirt.  I only wear it twice a year.  When I start to teach Gatsby and when I give them their test.  As you can tell from the picture This happens around Christmas time. 



Next up my Valentine's Day shirt.  It reads "Your cute" is a deal breaker.  If you don't understand this shirt look up grammar rules for your. 


How can you pass up a classic "Let's eat grandma" shirt?  



Last and not least my ZAP POW BANG shirt.  While it may seem like more of a super hero shirt really it is both an English teacher and Psychologist shirt.  Clearly it is an onomatopoeiawords that are a sound, shirt.  It is also what happens when a person undergoes electro-shock therapy.

Well there you have it.  I am not sure too many bloggers would tell you to buy something that would make you look like a nerd, but this girl did. 

Find out what that thing is that makes you a little bit of a nerd, be honest you have one, and embrace it occasionally in a safe space.  


I also realized just how much my hair changes in the course of one year.  Follow on instagram to see if I change my hair again this weekend!  @ericajt


Until next week!






3 comments:

  1. I love my nerdy shirts. I've found they are quite fun when you go to non-nerdy conferences, you somehow find all of the nerds when you wear them. I was at a conference once, and you knew who all of the Whovians were when I wore my Tardis t-shirt, and when I saw others wearing Doctor shirts it wasn't a big deal for me to run up to them with a high five and asking them who their favorite Doctor was. (I was pleasantly surprised that many chose 10 like me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love that Gatsby t-shirt so much. NOthing beats a nerdy shirt that make people stop and stare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the t shirts! i've nominated you for a liebster award, questions are on my blog, love everything you write! still-young-and-reckless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete