Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Palm Spring! Leave Now!

I am sitting on my computer and out of a pool for the first time in four days.  Don't you just love summer days where you get to lose track of time and it doesn't matter if you shower because you will be in a body of water any minute now?

This weekend was filled with so much unexpected fun.  On Friday I was at my mom's house laying out to get more tan and I received a text message from a friend that read, "Come to Palm Springs with us.  Get to my house now!"  After a few texts to make sure I was going not going to have to pay anything and that she was serious I left my mom's house, grabbed a handful of tanks and bikinis, shoved my oversized shampoo bottle in a bag, met her family and left for Palm Springs.  

I heard about the trip and was out the door within 30 minutes.  I think this speaks volumes to my go with the flow spirit and low maintenance life style (You hear that gentlemen?  I am total catch!)

This care free spirit at least was what made my Justina and her family invite me along on their family vacation. When we got to Palm Springs we realized that the only thing we wanted to do was pool it up!  The pool was a necessity because it was 110 degrees, what else can you do other than die?  We went to dinner and then target to get the necessary pool floaties and underwear.  It turns out that is not on the top of the packing priority list for this girl. 

Blowing up the pool floaties in style!  Best $3.79 I spent this weekend. 


Justina and Aaron drinking some coffee.  Travel with your friend's 14 year old nephew and you will remember why you don't want kids for a loooong time.  Just kidding, you are a gem Aaron!

Brandon and Terese had the best floaties of all.  These people mean business when they relax in a pool.  I aspire to be like them one day.  


I want you all to know that I am a great friend.  Justina's floatie was under-inflated and she could not balance on it.  It was quite comical to watch her fall of the pink floatie many times.  I then decided I should be a pal and help her out.  While balancing on my floatie I added air to her's and looked cute doing it.  I would do it for any of you too.

Friends, if you ever get a text that says free trip to Palm Springs, leave now, you need to leave now!  You might forget something important like underwear or a hair brush, but you will come back with wonderful memories and a tan that as my elderly neighbor tells me everyday, "looks so great on you." 

Tomorrow I have to go back to work.  I am actually quite excited to head back.  I am starting my new job as the guidance counselor at the school.  So even though I have to say goodbye to days lounging in a pool I am excited to be doing what I love, helping kids be who they want to be!

Hope you all had a good weekend and a fantastic start to your week!  


love! Erica




Follow on Bloglovin


1 comment:

  1. A spur of the moment trip to Palm Springs for free!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete