Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Movies About Teenagers Based on Literature

Hey ladies!  This Veteran's Day I attempted to spend some time on my novel.  For some reason writing 1500 words a day is much harder than I ever thought it would be.  I wrote about 3000 words on Monday, which was great, but not enough.  Oh well, who needs sleep in November anyway.
As I was writing my book I made a Mean Girls reference.  I wasn't intending for it to happen, it just happened.  Kind of like fetch, or at least fetch and Gretchen Wieners.  I then realized that Mean Girls has become a very prominent part of my life.  I then started to think about my life and which high school movies I love the most.  So in no particular order here is my list of the best high school movies ever made.
While making the list I realized I really liked movies that were based of books.  The first three are based on some great literature, the other two are a stretch.
10 Thing I Hate About You
Remember when Joseph Gordon Levitt had a crush on Alex Mac?  Remember Heath Ledger singing "Your Just to good to be true" on the bleachers?  Remember the dad? OMG I love everything about this movie.
Based on The Taming of the Shrew by Bill Shakespeare
She's The Man
I know Amanda Bynes has gone poo poo crazy lately, but dang it, this movie was her best role ever.  I am not that big of a Channing Tatum fan, I mean other than White House Down, what has he done? But I love him in this movie.
Based on Twelfth Night once again by my boy Billy Shakes.
Clueless
How amazingly fab was this movie?  Every time I kind of stop at a stop sign I have to say "What? I totally paused!"  And here's to my stepbrother looking nothing like Paul Rudd.
Based on Emma by Jane Austen.
Footloose
If I learned anything about living in a conservative, small town somewhere in the middle of America it is that if you have a problem you need to do gymnastics.  Thanks Kevin Bacon.
Based on the Bible
Mean Girls
The movie that got this whole post going.  I mean what in life is not somehow related to Mean Girls.  Nothing.  The answer is nothing.  Even at work I got to talk about this cinematic masterpiece.  Apparently, the kids are selling Candy Grams this year.  you bet your behind I will be sending four to Glen Coco and none to Gretchen Wieners.
Based on The Burn Book by Regina George and The Plastics
There were so many movies that I could have used for this post, but I restricted my selections. What are some of your favorite high school movies that have defined your life?
  photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

No comments:

Post a Comment