Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th Y'all!

I just got home from my aunt and uncles house and a lovely BBQ with the fam. 


Most holidays look the same around here. We go to their house, eat a ton of great food, sit around and talk, go swimming, and eat a little more.  This year was no exception.  Oh except I have this cute picture of my cousin's dog from today's swimming adventure. 

One day I will steal Scout!

While I was at my family shin dig we started to talk about 4th of July's past.  I realized I have had a few great ones in my life.  In Arizona we would go to the lake to watch the fireworks with the whole town. We would also sit on our friend's roof and watch them out of town.  It was all pretty great small town stuff. 

My favorite and most memorable 4th was the one I spent in Washington DC in 2001.  I was one of those awesome kids that was over involved in clubs and activities in high school.  That said I was an officer in my school's Key Club.  Yes it is a little nerdy.  Yes my friends sang a song that went "Key Key 1, 2, 3, come and be a dork with me!" But I got to travel around the US and make great friends form different states for free so jokes on them. 

One summer the convention was in Washington DC and took place over the week of the 4th of July.  For the 4th we went out to the Washington Monument and watched the most beautiful show I have seen.  I was with some of my best friends from high school and loved every minute of it.  Oh and it started to rain like crazy.  We loved it!  Fireworks, rain, DC, best friends, what more could you ask for?

I still think back on this 4th of July and smile.  It is still a clear memory of pure joy and excitement.  I do not have any pictures to share.  We forgot to take them!  I think we took one as we were leaving but it is in a scrapbook I can not find right now.  

Well friends Happy 4th and I hope you had a great day making memories!




love! Erica

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your day was very very fun. I would love to be in Washington DC during the 4th of July sometime. What a great experience.
    Thanks for stopping by the Drastic Fantastic
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the fireworks in DC someday! I am sure that was an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete