Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why? Things I Do That Even I Do Not Understand About Myself!

Today I was sitting at work and I realized I forgot to put on deodorant this morning.  I know everyone forgets this important, friend keeping invention from time to time, but I forget it on a rather regular basis.  Before you get all grossed out, let me assure you that I keep an extra in my desk at work and in my car.  I just find it sad that I need to have extra sticks of D.O. for the B.O. around because I can not manage to remember it in the morning. 
 
All this questioning has lead me to ask a very important question: Why?!! There are many things I do in my life that I just don't understand and would probably be considered strange human behavior.   For instance, sharing all the strange things I do with my blog cousins.  I stole that from Bon and Tay.  If you missed their comedy routine blogging tips check it here or here

Why do I make a big stink (not about the D.O. this time!) about breaking rules or being a rebel and then freak out when I actually do it.  
Case in point, I have been grumpy that folks at work have been wearing clothes that are out of dress code.  I mean even the principal wore shorts.  Why am I spending time getting ready in the morning when those who have better jobs than me dress worse than me?  Welp, this morning I said "Not today!"  I wore my cute black and white shorts with a nice shirt and marched my sweet butt into work like the brazen hussy I imagine myself to.  

As soon as I walked in the office I hid! Every time I heard someone say something like "I guess it is summertime rules" I died inside because it had to be about me.  I am sure that it is a good think that I do not have Antisocial personality disorder and have the ability to feel guilt when I do stupid things. It also probably didn't help that about 35 people where in here today for meetings which only magnified my shame.

Why do I love Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror so much?
 I went to an amazing Angel's baseball game this last weekend.  The Angel's won and I saw a concert by Billy Currington for 10 bucks!  Can't beat that!  Billy is a country singer for all you who are like, "Who the heck is that. He must be a nobody. That is why she paid $10."  He actually is pretty legit and has many songs on country radio.  

All this to say my favorite part was when he sang Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson.  I sang that song like it was my own.  Everyone sitting around me was staring and it was magical.  Afterwards I realized I just sang Man in the Mirror as loud as I could while backing up a country singer's cover of the song at Angel Stadium.  Who am I?

 

Why do I lie sometimes for no reason?
Sometimes when people catch me off guard with their questions my first reply is a lie.  What the heck is up with that?  One time at Subway the sandwich artist asked me if my husband was in the navy.  I said no my dad was.  LIE!  My dad was in the air force. I actually wrote about this story here. 

At work yesterday I changed into workout clothes.  One of my coworkers saw me and asked if I was going swimming (Weird question considering i was just wearing gym clothes) I said I was going for a run.  LIE!  I was really going across the street to the driving range. 

Why do I go see the Fast and Furious movies?
I have seen each of the Fast and Furious movies.  I have no idea why.  I cannot tell you anything about them other than they have cars, they use NOS to win the races, Paul Walker is cute, and a five year old writes the movies.  

I went to see Fast and Furious 6 today at the three dollar theater.  I laughed so hard during that movie!  Not the effect they were going for though.  Even though I talk a big talk and act like I will never see any of the movies again in my life I have already made tentative plans to see the seventh movie when it comes out next year.  I rock. 

I realized that I have so many things I do that make me questionable company in just one weekend. I am happy I still have friends. At least with a blog you don't have to claim me as a friend or see me livin' my life all free and easy. 
 
 
  
 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

1 comment:

  1. I love Man in the Mirror (and BillyC!). And I forget deodorant more than I care to admit...unfortunately, I haven't stocked up on "back ups" to have have in various places. I should probably do that...

    ReplyDelete