Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Things I Just Don't Get

As I was sitting on my computer last night I looking at all the posts about the fourth of July, I ealized something very important.  I do not like it when people say 'Murica or 'Merica instead of America.  Yes, I know it is funny.  I know it i making fun of George W. but why must we use it all the time?  


Oh 'Merica and those who use your name.  I wish you all the best. 

As I thought about this "Merica business I realized it is just another trend I have no interest in. I have never cared much about trends or name brands.  I just buy what I like and like what I buy.  I high school my big rule was I will NEVER buy clothing from Wal-Mart.  The only reason I had this rule was because Wal-Mart was the only store in town and I refused to be seen in their clothing.  Everyone would know where I bought that outfit.

I can be a little bit of a clothes snob, but my style is pretty basic and classic.  Give me brightly colored dress and a cute pair of flats or sandals or shorts and a tank top and I am set.

That said there are just some trends I do not understand. Sorry if you are living in one of these trends or just love it.  I am sure I love you as a person just not your accessories or hair.

Fake Moustaches
This one has been around for a few years and I just do not get it.  Why do pretty girls want to look like an ugly dude?  Why has the facial hair of creepers, musketeers, and Ron Burgundy become a sign of hipsters and cool twenty somethings?  

Source
Owls, Keys, and Feathers
It is near impossible these days to find a necklace without one or all of these features.  Owls, keys and feathers are just everywhere.  A friend and I decided we should open a jewelry story and call it Everything But Owls, Keys, and Feathers.  I am pretty sure we would go out of business because this trend is going crazy. 

Source

Ombre Hair
There is just something about ombre highlights I can not get behind.  They look like a person hasn't had their hair done in 2 years.  I am just so confused as to why women are paying money to look like their roots have been growing out for the last 3 summers. 

Source
If you are in need of a good laugh google bad ombre hair.  This was one of my favorite little gems out there. 
Source
Well friends I am off to have a trendy weekend deplete of mustaches, keys, owls, and ombre hair.  Take care 'Merica!



                     love! Erica

6 comments:

  1. I HATE ombre hair!! I freak out when my hair has 1/2 inch of roots showing. I don't understand that trend either.

    Mendy
    1 Crazy Daisy and 3 Pokey Joes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica,

    My history teacher last semester would say Merica/Murica all the time. The first few times he did the class laughed but then I think he continued doing it to try and keep people awake. I'm a big fan of the owls fad because my school mascot is an owl so I kind find tons of cute things with owls. On the other hand I don't like the fake mustaches. I just don't get why their so popular. Why would you want a sweater with a bunch of mustaches on them?

    ~Em.
    http://collegelifeofafutureteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the mustaches. I just dont get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been 2 months since my last highlights and I am embarrassed to leave the house! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I would have handled that class very well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right? Why make your pretty face look hairy?

    ReplyDelete