Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Always a Kid On Christmas

When Taylor and Helene announced their link up today I knew I was in.  These are really two of my favorite blogs and I am pretty sure that everything they do is amazing.   So here goes some of my favorite Christmas memories and traditions I still love. 
 
Helene in Between

Every year I offer to help my family decorate and then eat gingerbread men instead.

Christmas Eve service at church with lit white candles are some of my favorite and most pretty memories.

Watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas is a must.  Of course it is the cartoon and not that Jim Carrey nonsense.

Not watching the other Christmas classics like Its A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, or White Christmas.  I think they are about wonderful lives, miracles on a certain street and snow on Christmas, what more is there to know?

Buying a new Christmas Dress.

Taking pictures with family members you don't really like or even talk to any other time of year.  This particular one was my step -nephew.  You can tell from his face we loved each other.



Having more fun causing messes than cleaning them up.

Finding ways to make ribbons a functional fashion piece.



Slumber parties in the living room next to the Christmas tree.

Getting a new Christmas teddy bear every year (Seriously, anyone want a Christmas bear I have a whole lifetime worth in the garage.)

Finding the perfect gift for someone you love.

Moving the mouse in the advent calendar every day or every three days.



Reading in bed until well after midnight to try and finish a book.

Spending time with my family.

Baking with my grandma.

Driving around the neighborhood and looking at lights with my mom.

Being in a Christmas play (I totally brought the house down with my portray of Mary, as in the mother of Jesus, in my Kindergarten play) or going to a Christmas play. 

The general feeling of love and joy during the Christmas season.  Friends and family spending great time together and knowing that you are loved. 

What are some of your favorite Christmas memories and traditions that make you a kid at heart?

4 comments:

  1. haha i offer to help but eat instead- my life motto. and yes to buying a new christmas dress. i love the pic with your nephew. too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. The ribbon outfit was so fashion forward ;) I am a new follower from the "Youre always a kid on christmas" link up, can't wait to follow and read more. Come check out my blog as well and see my awesome 80s/90s pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Eve church service with all the candles lit is pretty much my second favorite part of Christmas, with getting presents coming in at number one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying Christmas Eve outfits for the candlelight service used to be my favorite. And then I had to start spending my own money and found that food was more sustainable.

    ReplyDelete