Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Tales From The Classroom A Link Up Announcement

One my favorite topics to write about is teaching.  I am sure it gets a little boring to those of you who are not in the teaching profession or maybe it makes you so happy to not be a teacher.  

I like to write about it because it gives my work and life more meaning.  It teaches me to be more intentional and pay more attention to the little things that make my life as a teacher more meaningful.  I think it is important to remember the great moments that happen in the classroom, because there will be plenty of times that things go wrong. 

I thought it would be a great exercise for me to share something from my week in the classroom each week.  It will help me be more accountable to looking for the great and joyful things that happen on a regular basis that i might otherwise overlook or ignore. 

I started to think about it and I realized that many of my favorite bloggers are also teachers or students and they too might have a story to contribute each week.  I am making my Thursday posts a link up for anyone who is interested.  Link up every week or every once in a while.  

I really am looking forward to reading your stories

Things you can write about:

- A silly student story
- A learning moment 
- A heart warming moment
- Fashion from the classroom 
- A lesson from the school of hard knocks (that is life y'all!  anyone can come up with one of those!)
- A lesson you learned in any environment classroom or just life in general
- Something you have done in your classroom that you are proud of
- Anything related to teaching, learning, and school

Here is a link to the post that I wrote that inspirited this whole link up.
Just a note, please be sure to respect the privacy and anonymity of your students.  I will usually change their names if they do not know I am writing about them.

I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences in the classroom and being encouraged by all of you incredible people out there.  

Be sure to slap this little button on your post and come back here to link up on Thursday and read your amazing classroom stories. 

So Much Sunshine

3 comments:

  1. I'm a teacher as well. I never bored of hearing about other teachers stories. Most of them are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I am going to try the link up after the school year starts back up. I have a feeling it could be amazing!

    ReplyDelete