Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Last 24 Hours

Before I begin today's post I have to say thank you to everyone who read yesterday's post:  Things This Blogger Has Yet To Say, and left a comment.  I loved hearing from you and the 11 genuine comments were the highlight of my day.  Thanka you!
Right now it is 11:15 in the morning Pacific Standard Time and I am just getting my act together for the day. This post will be short and sassy and void of photos.  I actually had some great photos to share with you but you can find out about that soon.  
The last 24 hours have been eventful.  Not eventual in the way that I meet Thor at the grocery story yesterday afternoon and we feel madly in love.  But, eventful in the way where you go, "what just happened?" Nothing traumatic, just weird. 
Yesterday was my last day of work before Christmas break. I had to give my final, grade it, finalize my grades, make new schedules, receive gifts from students, avoid all the cookies in the office, and other things too.  I finished my job and the job of three other people by noon, but I was not allowed to leave. My work has a rule that everyone has to get their work done before anyone can leave. I love that rule.  Not! 
I then started my own witch hunt and found all my friends who had not done their job.  We found it mostly it was Internet issues and no one could post their final grades online.  Even though a few people were not done we got to leave at 2.  
Then I went home and took a nap for an hour and then got ready for my work Christmas party.  It was fun, and a little awkward.  I sat at a table with my friends and their spouses and a guy I work with and his college friend that he brought.  The college friend is a male nursing student.  Because of the seating arrangement people kept asking if he was my date.  I tried to control my "yeah right!" face as I told them who he was.  I think my friends just want me to be happy with a boyfriend, but that was silly. 
At the work party I decided we were at the bad kids table. I mean we were loud and unruly, and it was fun.  I blame the fact that I was seated directly in front of the only massive pillar in the room.  I couldn't see anything, bust disembodied voices. I had to entertain myself somehow. 
We had a raffle at work for a lot of random things and then cool beach cruisers.  I do not know how to ride a bike, but I wanted to win the beach cruiser, I want to learn to ride a bike.  I was getting very excited and then the MC says, "This gift is for couples only.  If you are single sorry.  We are praying for you."  That felt good. 
I left the party a little early because I had to take May to LAX to fly home to China for the break. We left home with four hours cushion.  She made it to the airport with 45 minutes before her flight.  We sat on the freeway for three hours.  I hate LA sometimes.  I moved 2 miles in 2 hours at 10 at night.  Why does life need to be this way? 
I told May to tell everyone that her flight was leaving in 30 minutes and ask if she could move to the front of the line.  It worked.  She made it to her gate in under 15 minutes.  My new travel strategy. 
I made it home after 1 am and Penny and I slept until 8:30.  I let her out to potty and ran in the house.  It was raining all day yesterday and she is such a priss she will not pee outside in the rain.  Mind you the rain stopped yesterday afternoon.  She thought we were playing and I decided I was going to use the restroom so she could calm down.  She then ran into the bathroom and peed on the bathmat.  I tried to stop her, but it was awkward.  
Somehow my phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet.  Currently my phone is taking a rice bath.  I would show you photos of all of my adventures, but my phone is taking a rice bath.  
Nothing really terrible happened, just a little tragic.  I am heading out to see Anchorman 2 and workout at the gym.  I have decided with the help of a friend that this break is going to be getting back to health. I am sure I will share my plan with you here.
I am off to the movies, so really life is not bad at all! 
 Oh and I just looked over and Penny pooped in the living room.  Thanks, kid. 


If you want to see any photos from the last day or so be sure to check out my instagram @ericajt

6 comments:

  1. for reals! Who knew a little hobby could be so stressful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah! your poor phone!! let me know if the rice trick works...i heard it does. whoda thunk the food of my peoples is also good for technology? LOL

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rice trick didnt work for me! But I hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! I'm always scared to death that my phone is going to fall in the toilet so I never take it anywhere near that darn bowl! Hopefully you can get it repaired soon! Have a great Friday night and get Penny some puppy pads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, hope your phone enjoys the rice bath. c;
    Adorable pup!! Every time I come on your blog I remember your a teacher. You remind me of one of those down to earth gorgeous teachers who everybody wants, but knows not to mess with!!
    Hope you pup learns the potty rules, hehe.

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. seeing anchorman 2 might only make your day even weirder!

    ReplyDelete