Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Let's Play A Game

This week America really outdid itself by having the American Country Awards and Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on the same night.  Not even the same week, the same night.  What a dichotomy of culture sitting in juxtaposition to one another (I occasionally miss teaching English and try and incorporate fancy party words into my life more often). 

Because I am amazing, I watched both, well I watched part of both and I decided it would be fun to play a little game today. 

As a person who has been to her fair share of country music concerts and as a person who wears a bra on a fairly regular basis I am in a unique position to present to you the many questions that ran through my head during both shows.  Your job is to guess which show I had this question about. 

Ready, Set, Go!
 
 Do they have anything with sleeves? 

Yes this one goes to the boys from Florida Georgia Line. I really think these boys just do not own enough clothes.  One of both of them always seems to be missing sleeves.  
 
These boys win my Cover Up Award.  Which when you think of all the skin that was on TV that night is quite an accomplishment! 
via
via
 
That's Who Sings That Song?
 
Say Something by A Great Big World on Grooveshark

  So that song "Say Something" that has been blowing up the radio is sung by this dude.  I randomly flipped channels and say his hipster glasses and then heard the song he was singing and I was like "Oh, that's who sings this song!  Why is here at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?"

via 
  Award: Hey Cool Kids From High School I Am Singing at the VS Fashion Show While You Watch From Your Living Room. 
 
Does she have any life in her eyes?
 
It would be too easy to give this award to any model.  We all know that wearing next to nothing for millions of dollars on national television kills your soul.  It would also be too easy to say Carrie Underwood and homegirl has had a hard week with her Sound of Music reviews coming in.  

No this award goes to two of the most dead pan ladies preforming.  Hilary Scott from Lady Antebellum and Sarah Evans from Sarah Evans.  

Perhaps I am being too critical, but if I were either one of them I would be living life with a huge smile on my face and my eyes would be screaming "I can't believe I am famous! This is amazing!"  

via
via
Award: It Is Just So Boring Being Famous Award.  

Are those real? 
 
I already know you guessed wrong!  I am not even touching that other topic on this blog.  All I am talking about are the guitars they gave the winners of the American Country Awards.  
 
The Award for Best Plastic goes to the Guitars!  Not since guitar hero was in its prime have plastic looking guitars had such a great day in the media.  Congrats guys it was your year. Now the media is left to speculate if they were real or fake.

via
An honorary award goes to Luke Bryan for finally beating the Duck Dynasty guys at guitar hero.

How can that scantly clad lady be OK with that guy looking at her?
 
That's right this award is going to the woman we all think of when we think of country music... Danica Patrick.  

Seriously what was this lady doing at this show. Are you telling me that if you drive a car really fast you are qualified to host a TV show?  If that is the case I will start racking up the speeding tickets for my big break too.

I also want to know why Danica?  Why did you wear this outfit?  Were you trying to out do the VS girls?  I know the show was in Vegas, but try and have some class.
via
Also did you not see the picture of Trace above?  I can not believe you let him touch you!  You know he has a thing for Honky Tonk Badonkadonks.  A distance of 10 feet is required at all times with this guy. 
via

How comfortable are those bras?

Danica Patrick's face says everything the Victoria's Secret models wanted to say. 
via
What more do I need to say here?

I wonder how long they work out to look like that?

Really the only thing worth watching Tuesday night was Luke Bryan's handsome face.  I can rarely understand a thing this guy says, but then I don't know if that is because I am just lost in his good looks. 

via
via
Award: The Only Good Thing About the ACAs and VS Fashion Show

Taylor Swift sang what song?

Nope Taylor did not sing for the ACAs. Tay Tay preformed some songs for Victoria's Secret instead.  She wore this outfit and sang "God Save The Queen." Actually I am not sure what she sang, but I think the message is clear she is back with One Direction's Harry Styles. 

 
via
What award do you think I missed?  What moment was your favorite from this evening of skin, plastic, and good looks? 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Great Blog!! Love this~ ^-^ ~ Luke Bryan is cute~. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see either, but I heard about Danica's showgirl outfit on the radio the next day and people debating whether or not it set her back in trying not to be a sex symbol, but taken seriously as a race car driver?

    ReplyDelete