Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Best Songs of 2013

Well folks she did it again.  Who is she?  Well that would be the lovely Helene over at Helene in Between of course.  What did she do?  Well she had a great idea for a link up;... again!  I was already working on this post for myself so when Helene announced it as a link up on her blog I was thrilled.  We both are totally in love with music, even if our tastes are different.  Really though, music in almost any form is amazing, unless it is on my worst of 2013 list below.


Helene in Between

When I was making my playlist for top songs of 2013 I really had one main criteria: Did I sing like a crazy person every time this song came on the radio.  If the answer was no I did not include it on my list.  There are plenty of good songs that came out this year, but these are just the top ones that I liked.


Roar by Katy Perry

this is my go to pick me up song.  I do not care that it is full of Rocky flashbacks.  All I know is I have to dance around like a fool when it comes on. 


That's My Kind of Night by Luke Bryan

One of my favorite memories from this year was going to see Luke.  When he sang this song my friend and I were some of the only people who knew it and we sang so loud that everyone around us looked at us.  It was beautiful. 


Little Bit of Everything by Keith Urban

This song came out right before I went to Hawaii.  I went for a little drive around Maui and this song came on.  I sang it loud with the windows down and the ocean to my left.  


Hey Pretty Girl By Kip Moore

All you really need to know about this song is that he wrote it for me. 


Best Day of My Life by American Authors

This is a recent obsession.  I really feel like am having a the best day of my life when I hear it. 


When I See This Bar by Kenny Chesney

The lyrics of this could make you nostalgic for almost anything in your life that involved your friends.  Well done Kenny. 


Goodbye in Her Eyes by Zac Brown Band

I like a good, honest break up song.  One that tells it like it is and is not too melodramatic.  I get it Zac Brown. I get it. 


Cruise by Florida Georgia Line

So this song took over the radio.  I still like it. 


Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

I know Suit and Tie got all the fanfare this year, but Mirrors was better, trust me.


Treasure by Bruno Mars

This song rooted itself deep in my brain this summer and has yet to leave. TREASURE! That. is. what. you. are. 


I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift 

For reals I almost but We Are Never Getting Back Together, but I was afraid I would lose most of you.  So I stuck with this more socially acceptable Taylor Swift Song. 


When She Says Baby by Jason Aldean

So J. Aldean has kind of lost me with all his hick-hop.  But I am totally in love with this song.  Night train is actually a great CD.  Way to be homie! 




Worst songs of 2013

A best list is not complete without a worst list.  Here are the songs I despised this year.



Aw Nah by Chris Young 

Gross Chris Young.  People are never going to take country music seriously with you putting out songs like this!


Redneck Crazy by Tyler Farr

Just the title of this song makes me cringe.  Since when is it OK to turn into a complete jackal and terrorize your ex?  Get a life Tyler. 

 

We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

I already wrote about Miley's attempt to ruin my life.  Apparently this is her anthem for her life ruining ways.  She Can't Stop.


The Outsiders by Eric Church

I have no idea what to say about this.  It reminds me of kids in high school who started a band and lost focus.  Let's add a talking section!  Let's add a gospel choir! Let's add a crazy metal section!


Gentleman by PSY

Other than the fact that it sounds like he is cussing all the time I am just over PSY and all his antics.


Cups that stupid song from Pitch Perfect 

I totally did not mind this song when it was in the movie.  It just started to bug when it was on the radio and then when they made a music video.  It is OK to leave some things alone Hollywood. 



Alright that is all the sass I have for you today.  What are some of your favorite songs from 2013 or what are some songs you totally hope you never hear again?

3 comments:

  1. haha i love your criteria. that's just perfect. i do love me some katy perry! hahah yes for cups being terrible- make it stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I hate Miley i just "can't stop" loving the song "I CANT STOP". Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that you included a list of songs that were the worst to you but I just love the Cups song! Not only is it on my list but I heard it this morning and I blared it in the car!

    ReplyDelete