Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Break Done Right

Well Another Thanksgiving break has come and gone.  As a teacher I feel like Thanksgiving break always comes at the right time: just before a mental breakdown.  From here on out I have two weeks of actual teaching left, one final to give and a ton of office work to get through.  Who knew being a school counselor was really just a ton of paperwork?  I could live without that and could live with more days in the sun with my pup!







OK little rant aside I tried to take full advantage of my time off this year.  After mandatory meetings at work on Monday and Tuesday my lovely co-workers and I went to see Catching Fire.  I take total responsibility for the love of the Hunger Games that swept through my school and I love watching the movies with them.


Wednesday I took May to take her drivers license test and she passed!  I may be having a life outside of driving teenagers everywhere sometime soon.  Also should note that the DMV the day before Thanksgiving a nightmare.  Be smart like me and make an appointment, or stand in a line that wraps around the building.  You do you.



 


As a reward for passing we went to Disneyland for the evening.  We have passes so it isn't that big of a deal, but Disneyland at Christmas time is my favorite.  Oh and it snows at Disneyland too.  Well soap bubbles that smell like cinnamon fall from the sky, it is magical.




For Thanksgiving we went to my uncle and aunt's house, like every year. The most exciting thing that happened was Penny was finally able to play with other dogs because she got all her shots.  She played with my uncle's dog Scout.  It was so sweet and they are best friends now.


Friday was the most hectic and amazing. I went to the Honda Center to see the Ducks play the Flame.  We won by like a million points.  Well I actually forgot the score but we won.  And My boy Cogs scored a goal just for me.


Later that night I went to the House of Blues Anaheim to see Chase Rice.  It was a totally fun and silly show.  In case you do not know who he is he is the guy who wrote Florida Georgia Line's song Cruise.  I am pretty sure that their success pissed him off and he wants to sing his own chart topping songs.









I saw Catching Fire again because my mom asked me to go with her and spend the rest of the weekend catching up on work and cleaning and decorating for Christmas.


What was your favorite part of Thanksgiving?  Here's to a few weeks until the best Holiday of the year!



3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a counselor! How cool. :) Glad you enjoyed your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great break! I could really do without paperwork in my life too. was chase rice good?! i had a giveaway on my blog for tickets in dallas and it was like pulling teeth to get people to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. You're telling me that in the winter soap bubbles that smell like cinnamon fall from the sky at Disneyland? I've only gone in the summer! Why has no one told me this before?!?

    ReplyDelete