Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Top Ten Concert Encounters

Yesterday I wrote about all the concerts I went to in 2013, which you can read here if you missed it.  It really did not seem like that many concerts, but when I looked at my post it was a lot.

I am not sure if you are the concert going type, is there a concert going type?  Probably not.  But I have encountered some of the most interesting people at concerts this year.  I am not sure if it is like this at every concert, or if it is just country music, or southern California.  Whatever the case, I have some stories to tell you!  So lets just dive in.  I present to you the top ten concert goer encounters of 2013.

10. The homophobic 50-year-old man standing next to me at Billy Currington at Angel Stadium.  There was a precious young man on the other side of me that was line dancing like a fool during the whole concert.  He was adorable and I wanted to be his friend.  The man next to me however, kept yelling terrible things to him and calling him names.  It was sad and horrible.  You sir are a jerk and no one likes you.

9.  The boy who was line dancing like a dancing fool at Billy Currington.  Even when jerks were yelling mean things at you. you kept dancing and shaking your hips like a Shakira song.  I commend you for being joyful no matter the circumstance.

8. The lady at Kip Moore that was "engaged" to his lead guitar player.  There were so many holes in her story it was like swiss cheese.  She claimed "Hey Pretty Girl" was inspired by her love for her man.  She also showed us photos of her with all the stars in Vegas for some award show.  The photos were just blurred images of the bands walking by here.  "Here I am with The Band Perry." then we saw a blurry photo of a girl with crazy curly hair running away.

7. Everyone at Stagecoach.  OK but really, Stagecoach is crazy. Men running around in speedos and cowboy hats with bud light labels pasted on them.  Girls wearing a bikini top of the American flag and bikini bottoms of the Confederate flag.  I am not sure it was the extreme desert heat or the copious amounts of beer that people consume at this concert, but y;all need to get your act together!

6. Hobbit at Chase Rice.  Although, almost every girl would totally go for a guy who poured half his bud light all over her and then announced loud enough for her to hear that he really just, "wants to get laid tonight," this girl has standards.  I know that you were 6 feet tall but this girl is 5'10 and you were a good 5 inches shorter. Too bad you were gross!

5. Our new friends from Fresno California.  Before Luke Bryan this summer we found  table and sat down and made some new friends.  They were actually nice ladies from a farm in Fresno.  They taught us the ways of the farm and FFA (Future Farmers of America).  I loved them because they were so different from us.  Apparently the hottest men ever played football in high school and were in FFA. That is all you need to be hot there.

4. The couples.  Oh my the couples at concerts are a mess.  Making out, fighting, leaving for an hour and returning after doing who knows what, taking 123129423798476238964 selflies in front of me while I am trying to look at Lee Brice.

3. Smoky Joe.  So while I was at Zac Brown Band this year in Hollywood there was a little man in a sweater vest who was sitting next to me.  He would leave for like 20 minutes, come back, call a friend and hold up his phone so his friend could hear the band and just hang up without saying anything, and smoke a ton of pot.  I am not kidding this guy was nuts about pot.  I know because he kept holding his arm up next to my face to call all his friends.  Smoky Joe, please take a shower and leave the drugs at home.

2. Girl who was mad that we wouldn't flirt with her boyfriend.  Again at Zac Brown Band, but with the people on the other side of us.  This guy ran over when the band started to play his favorite song and wanted to high-five us.  It was awkward because his girlfriend just gave us the stink eye. We didn't high-five him because she looked crazy.  Then she was mad at us for not high giving her boyfriend.  She kept yelling at us and almost tried to fight us.  It was weird and she was drunk.  We were sober and just watched the couple of the year leave.  They are a prime example of the #4 we encountered.

1. Michigan Hat Guy.  Really this list should have been called Michigan hat guy because he totally inspired me to write this post.  While at Kenny Chesney and Eric Church this summer there was a young man wearing a Michigan hat and drinking Bud-light with Lime.  He was on the prowl for a lady and tried to go home with anyone who looked like a lady.  He talked to us for a few minutes then moved on to the girls right next to him.  Every time we looked over he was making a new friend.  I am not sure he realized there was any music happening or that in order to procure a girlfriend you can't keep taking to other girls.  Whatever his story was he was a legend.  I tip my hat to you Michigan hat man.  You keep doing you and looking for your lady.  I have a feeling you will be much more successful at a Michigan game, but what do I know?

blogger-image-1198585180

 

Honorable mention goes to the drunk man at Kip Moore.  Not only did you spill your beer on my head, gross, you also elbowed me in the head and then tried to "get with that."  Sorry my head is very important to me and you tried to damage it.  Also, you kept asking Kip Moore to kiss you so I am not sure you even like girls.

Let's raise  our huge Bud LIght with Lime and toast to 2013 and the amazing people I met at concerts.  Here's hoping 2014 provides even more entertainment, but from a greater distance.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow...people are so interesting...We went to one country music festival near where I live with an all-day line up. That was the one with everybody wearing speedos and bikinis and that's it. I was wondering, where's the water? There's no place to swim here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! that is how they do. It is so weird to me. I wore a tank top and shorts and felt too clothed. Oh country music….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke @ Silver LiningDecember 27, 2013 at 2:56 AM

    Okay this is making me crack up. You are so great. Come link up this post (or your previous one) at my year in review link-up if you have a second!


    Brooke
    silverliningtheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks for the link up heads up!

    ReplyDelete