Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas From The Kids Table

So I am currently at my mom's house watching the Hobbit and trying to teach Penny to be a lady of decorum.  So far she isn't taking to my instruction, but she is cute.  She looks like a little doll today and I love it.

image-5

We were at my aunt and uncle's house tonight for Christmas Eve.  My family is quite small, but on my aunt's side there re a lot of people.  I do not quite fit into to any of the age/life stages that are represented at this family gathering.  My favorite people to talk to are my uncle, my mom, my aunt's sister and her daughter.  Really it is fun to talk to my mom and dousing, they are both counselor and make the holiday conversation so light.  Tonight's topic, sex offenders.

After we have exhausted the counselor talk I usually end up with the dogs or the children.  They are just way more fun than everyone else.  They do not get drunk, or care about a football score,or have life issues.  They are just so happy it is Christmas and want to share that joy.

Tonight I played with two sweet little kids and it was wonderful.  Scout, my cousin's dog even joined the fun and it was perfect.  I then drove home to get Penny to go to my mom's house.  I cranked up the radio and sang Christmas songs all the way home.  Think Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle, "horses, horses, horses!"


I love that there are ways to find joy in each day.  I hope you can find a way to be happy and enjoy the wonder of Christmas. Sit at the Kids Table if you need a little refresher on how love Christmas!

So Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart!  I hope you are all singing Feliz Navidad now!

No comments:

Post a Comment