Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Don't Even Try To Connect These Dots.

Today I have a stream of random questions I have been asking myself over the last week or so.  They are in no way connected other than I have thought about it recently.  If you try to find a connection you will fail, although I would love to hear your theories.

Also Penny is making the rounds and has a guest post over at You Gotta Have Hart.  Go say hi!

How in the world could Ezra be A?

OK so true confession I really like Pretty LIttle Liars.  It is totally my guilty pleasure show.  I actually could write 20 blog posts about how I do not get many things that happen on this show.  For example, where are girls parents all the time?  Maybe it was just because my mom loved be but she always knew where I was and who I was with.

Anyway, my doubts of Ezra being A do not stem from a "I love Ezra!" stance.  In fact I find him repulsive.  As a teacher I can not even wrap my head around a teacher falling in love with a student.  Perhaps it is because I teach teenage boys who sometimes wear deodorant, but I have never been able to buy into the premise that Ezra and Aria are actually a couple.  She must really be 25 or something.



The thing that I really have a hard time with is the fact that he could presumably be an English teacher and a murderer.  I am also an English teacher, well I was for a year, and there is no way in the world i would have had time to plan, teach and grade work from my classes and lead a double life as a killer.  When I was teaching English I barely had time to shower and yet here he is showered, looking hot, teaching English rather well, and killing people.  If you are going to have a person with a double life pick a profession that actually has a chance of some down time other than summers and Christmas.

Come on PLL you need to get your story lines together, or not cause I still watch.

How is it that McDonald's sponsors the Olympics?

Hello? This is insane to me! It is like Supersize Me never came out.  Really though, McDonald's is the furthest thing from healthy eating for athletes.  Also they serve hair in their coffee.  You can look at this post for a reference if you want.



 

On a somewhat related note I am so excited for the Olympics next week I can not even stand it!

What would happen if you took off Zac Brown's Hat?

One of my favorite bands is Zac Brown Band.  They are such talented musicians and they have a ton of fun when you see them in concert.  One thing that I noticed about Zac Brown the two times I saw him live was that no matter the temperature homie is wearing a beanie.



If you google ZB without a beanie I believe you will understand why he wears one on the regular.

___________________________________________


One thing that I do not wonder about is Bailey at Becoming Bailey.  Bailey is a lovely blogger over in Kentucky and always lifts my spirits when I read her blog.  Read more about her and why you should be reading her blog!

IMG_7023square-2

What is your favorite line from a movie?

My favorite line from a movie: "I don't want to be just one thing. I can't be. I want to be brave and I want to be selfless. Intelligent and honest and kind." I saw this teaser clip of the movie Divergent and loved the quote (and the scene that it's from!) I already know I'm going to love the movie because I loved reading the books.

What is your favorite book?

Picking my favorite book is so hard, because it changes constantly as my obsessions change. Right now I love the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.

DivergentQuote

Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging the day before my 20th birthday. I had a "quarter-life crisis" when I realized my time in college was nearly ending and I could barely remember it. Blogging has been my way of sharing my experiences with the world.

You are given a free day and $100 what would you do?

If I had a free day and $100, I would go to the bookstore and buy lots and lots of books. Then I'd stop at Burger King on my way home and buy a large Frozen Coke. I'd go home and spend the rest of the day reading.

Where are you from and what is your favorite thing to do there?

I'm from Owensboro, Kentucky. There's not a lot to do here... except eat. Our barbecue is world-famous, especially our mutton and burgoo. We also have the most fast-food restaurants per square mile in the US.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

I love traveling and experiencing new things. There's so many countries that I would love to visit someday, but I especially want to visit Germany and Ireland because they are my ancestors' homelands.

IMG_7034square

Who was your childhood celebrity crush? 

My childhood celebrity crush was Aaron Carter. I saw him in concert and my 9 year old self was dying of happiness. I would always imagine that he would come sweep me off my feet and we'd live happily ever after. Hahaha wow I was such a dork.

Make sure you follow Bailey on Bloglovin, Twitter, and Facebook

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me! Hahaha I've always wondered about McDonald's sponsoring the Olympics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with PLL. I just can't help myself. Every week, my mom and sister come over and we watched and swoon, and scream at the TV. I can't wait for tonights episode! Last week was the first good one of the 2nd half of this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get a lot of lasting visitors today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I have been waiting for something exciting to happen. Hopefully this week will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty against the theory that Ezra is A as well. Mostly because they have been picked up for another season so there is no way that they have already told us who A is. I'm pretty sure that Ezra is board shorts at this point, but I think he is helping Alison rather than who she is scared of. The only thing that doesn't quite add up with that theory is the knife in punching bag...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My number one questoin for PLL is when are those girls gonna graduate? The show started when I was in high school and I'm about to graduate from college lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right? They must be in year round school! Also, how many times can the fire a teacher in the middle of a school year. Maybe it is just me, but it is hard to get teaching jobs once the year has started, yet Fitz keeps coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am coming up with a new theory that Aria is A. It all adds up! her name starts with an A, she has never been traumatized like the other girls, and she is jealous that Fitz was with Allie, case closed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I've heard that one floating around, but haven't played much with it. I'm pretty sure though that for any character if we decided they were A and then worked through every detail of every episode something wouldn't add up right. I have a hard time believing that when we do find out in the series finale who it is and hear the full story that if you were to rewatch the entire series again it still wouldn't make sense at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True, I've never seen Zac Brown without a beanie...but per your warning, I'm not going to google it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! I mean your eyes won't melt or anything, but he does look better with the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree with you. It is a silly show that entertains me and I try not to think too much about!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) Zac Brown Band is amazing!!
    2) McDonald's and the Olympics shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence, let alone be involved in a world wide event.
    3) I watched PLL via Netflix and then got to the middle of this current season and now I can't catch up! It's torture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Amen
    2. Preach!
    3. I started on Netflix and then had like a month before a a new season started. It was a good way to spend a month of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hhahahahaha this cracked me the heck up. why is McDonalds sponsoring the olympics tho, if you ate mcdonalds you are not an olympic athlete.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it is insane! They are so opposite of each other it seems strange that they exist in the same universe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree with your PPL question... I don't get it either! I'm ready for some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sure as one is answered five more will spring up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was SO nice to have Penny visit us today.. I composed a comment to your post and deleted a couple times. It was pretty deep but since I'm half asleep, I just couldn't leave it in fear that it wouldn't make any sense at all. Being that I was once over 430lbs, I do NOT understand how McDonalds could be an Olympics sponsor nor do I agree with it. I also do not go there. If anyone in my car wants to.. they had better hop out and walk there-- as well as home.. because it ain't happenin'. As far as where I'm from-- OH MY, you should really visit Pensacola, FL and Pensacola Beach, FL because you don't know what you are missing and I will leave it at that because I'm about to fall asleep--

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am beyond impressed that you lost so much weight!! that is no small accomplishment girl! McDonald's is the devil!

    ReplyDelete