Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Love Me! A Single Girl's Guide for Valentine's Day

You don't have a valentine be your own valentine.


Hi friends!  I am so happy to be celebrating Valentine's today with my students.  I am even happier that I do not have to teach them on the actual Valentin's Day.  Something about all the sugar highs and coursing hormones just is gross.

One of the things that bums me out about VDay is that too many single ladies let it get to them that they are single.  I am so single that single is  synonym for my name.  JK, but I am not seeing anyone and there is no one interesting around.  Most days that is totally fine, today I had to log off of Facebook because like three friends announced they were pregnant and I just couldn't anymore.

Although it would be cool to have a little, actually tall, manfriend to lavish me with gifts and take me to dinner I have found that I am in control of my own happiness.  If having gifts and nice dinner on February 14th would make me happy then dang it I will be my own Valentine, because I love me!  It is true I really love myself and think I am a real treat.  Because of this I will be kind to myself and treat myself a bit.


I had the epiphany that I could be my own Valentine about 6 years ago.  I wanted to get a new computer and couldn't totally justify getting one.  Then came Valentine's day and I knew I wanted to get it because I love me! So I did.  Every time I used it I thought about why I bought it and it made me happy. Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION)

Last year I was on the search for a cute pair of cowboy boots.  Again it was around February and I was having a hard time spending about $200 on a pair of boots to wear for fashion.  I decided it would be my VDay gift for myself and I have never felt guilty about the purchase.  Rather I feel hot and super awesome.

Ariat Boots - Erica JacqulineAriat Women's Heritage Western R Toe Boot


This year I really wanted to get some nice skin care products.  I had heard incredible things about Philosophy and decided that it was time to make an investment for me.  I also really wanted to buy a Clarisonic for some time and decided this Valentine's Day I would buy it to complete my skin care needs.




Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 8 Ounce - Philosophy Hope in a Jar Daily Moisturizer, All Skin Types, 2 Ounce - Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System, Pink

I figured this was a great post to link up with Nicole for Treat Yo Self Thursdays!

 Treasure Tromp


So ladies I really encourage you to find something that will make you happy for days/years to come.  Instead of being sad make yourself happy and buy something nice, go somewhere fun, buy candy for a friend, or just be kind because chances are someone else is having a hard day too.


If you were to buy something for yourself this year what is the item that you would love to have?


If you haven't done so yet do not forget to vote for your choice in the Ultimate Valentine's Day Contest! 


PS - if you refuse to find something to be happy about here is my playlist for terribly realistic break up songs.  You can just listen and soak up the melancholy.



Can I also count this as part of Helene and Sarah's link up?  It is tomorrow so let this serve as a reminder!



Helene in Between

23 comments:

  1. Ashley @ Married to the GameFebruary 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

    Good for you taking this approach instead of hating Valentine's Day because you are single! Everyone deserves to treat themselves and have fun. Sometimes spending Valentine's Day alone or with girlfriends can be even better than with a man! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Ashley, Married to the Game

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH COURSE YOU CAN! haha and i love this. you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Thanks! I agree I am totally cute, just kidding! YOU are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I always hated the girls that were so mopey around Valentine's Day... My sorority sisters who were single would always go in as a group and draw names and we would do gifts, send flowers, and make dinner reservations as a group so that we had tons of fun and got to have a fabulous Valentine's Day! :)

    Also, I'm in love with your new design... it's fabulous!

    And if I were buying something for myself, instead of a grill for Jake (although him cooking really is a present for me) I would buy these chairs: http://www.target.com/p/threshold-nolan-club-chair-2-pack/-/A-14546916#prodSlot=medium_1_3

    and this rug: http://www.target.com/p/maples-fretwork-area-rug/-/A-14318370#prodSlot=medium_1_1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I love looking at it as a chance to tell people in my life that I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet words on the blog design. I had little to do with it, thanks Wordpress! Dude I would buy a man a BBQ if it meant he would cook for me, best treat yoself ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIGHT?! It's a gift that keeps on giving! :) Or will give... repeatedly, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great idea!! Treat yourself-- You deserve it :) And you're right.. I hate the whole "Single Awareness Day" crap. It's lame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I wrote a lot about Self- Love this Valentine's Day, too. It's even better that you treat yourself to something that you want :)


    Also, cheers to not teaching students on actual Valentine's Day! I am happy I escaped that this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ariats are the best!!! I have 3 pairs! Also I highly recommend the Clairsonic!!! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a great valentines day :) Love the idea of trating yourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the way to do it. Love yourself and splurge on yourself. Hmmm..what something I can buy for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS. Girl, us single ladies have to treat ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i will always pick a good reason to treat myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is great when you just try to focus on others and make them feel loved too. We could all use a little more love in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is great! Although I had to write up a ton of kids yesterday They lost their minds a day early!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks girly! I hope you have a great day with more dreams of JT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't agree more! It is the little (or not so little things) that bring some joy and fashion and soft skin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes ma'am! Do it! you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. some of my other reasons are: Its a Tuesday, I worked out this week, I wore pink, a cute buy said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, it's so great to see some of us are advocating to self love during Valentines. I wish there are more post like yours out there! I am going to do my part and share it! I bought myself a Starbucks card this time, it came in a heart shape and loving words. Hopefully it will be a good reminder of appreciating myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously! If you don't love you then who will! I hoe your starbucks card reminds you of how great you are each time you use it!

    ReplyDelete