Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sunday Funday with Ellie

Hi there everyone!  I hope you are having a great day so far. I somehow was signed up to run a 5K today so I will probably die, it has been nice getting to know you all. No but really, I am running today and I don't run, so say a little prayers.

It is that time of week were we celebrate all things Sunday and all things Funday!

This week's co-host is the lovely Ellie from True Online Love  where she blogs about finding love online.  Crazy I know.  Go on over to her blog say hi and follow along.

Also add the button at the bottom of my post to your post to spread the awareness of how important Sunday Funday is to the interwebs.

For today I am going to keep it short and simple.

There is a chance that I am getting old.  I know this because I had never heard of the latest app that took over the phones and the world, Flappy Bird.



This little app was around for a year and did not pick up speed until a few months ago.  Apparently the designer got some flack for the game looking too much like Super Mario Bros and not being very savvy so he took it off the app store.  Which I am pretty sure is this little game has made such a splash.  It is the new Twinkie Delimit of 2013. People care a lot more now that they can not have the dumb game than they did when it was free.


The game appears to be highly addictive and people can not get enough of it.  If you are one of the few like me who did not download the app when you had the chance do not worry there is a way for you to get it.  All you have to do is fork over a few thousand dollars and you can buy a previously owned phone that has the app on it.  An app that was free for a whole year by the way. In case you do not believe me here is an article proving it.



[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="768"] via[/caption]




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="360"] via[/caption]


Maybe I was the only old lady living under a rock but my students blew me away when they told me about this on Friday.  I kind of thought they were kidding, but after 10 minutes of work putting this post together I know they were speaking the truth.  If you happen to be one of the lucky few with Flappy Bird on your phone good for you.  The rest of us will continue to live life with human interactions and meaningful relationships.  Getting past level 29.

 

Erica Jacquline






14 comments:

  1. Ashley @ Married to the GameFebruary 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM

    That's so crazy that people are selling their phones for that much! Happy Sunday and good luck in your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had flappy bird, couldn't get past level 1, and deleted it...I'm wishing I didn't now! WOW! I could use a couple thousand dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe people are actually selling their phones with the game on it!! That is insane. Whats more insane? The people that would actually buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flappy bird lasted all of 2 minutes on my phone before I deleted it because it was way too annoying! haha Sounds like I should have kept it around to increase some value to my phone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard about this app the other day. I'm not the gaming type so my phone just holds social media stuff and photo apps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I survived and it was actually an 8K, I am obviously a details type of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right? I actually know some people who sold their phones too, it is real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right!? Isn't that just insane! People need to find more to do with their money and life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never even heard about it. I cannot believe the amount of time people have of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time there is an inane game make sure you download it and never let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I'm old, too, because I hadn't heard about this game until they discontinued it. Crazy to think what some people will pay. Good luck on your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks girl! I survived and it was an 8K, guess I should pay more attention!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband LOVES Flappy Bird. I personally have never gotten into games on my iPhone (at least it keeps my kids from asking to play on my phone while waiting for the doctor).


    Congrats on your 8K! That's quite an accomplishment for someone who does not run.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep his phone away from the kids, it could be their college tuition. Also Thanks for the congrats. I fun on the treadmill and elliptical just not on the streets it is too hard on my knees. But I felt like this time I could do it.

    ReplyDelete