Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Teacher Fashion On A Budget

I have tried to write like five posts for today and my brain is just not working right.  I am going to blame the mountain of work that I have had on my desk at my real job for the last day, month, year.

kids we all know I am far too entertaining for you to fall asleep.

Sweater - Target // Pencil Skirt - Old Navy - similar here // Shoes - Roxy

Who are we kidding. I am so entertaining this photo would never happen in real life.  My Psycho Psychology class is just so sweet they thought it would be the funniest thing in the world to pretend to sleep.  I don't get it but it made their day.

Here is  my teacher fashion on a budget.


I decided I really like this outfit and I will pretend to be a fashion blogger and tell you where my outfit came from. I work at a private school.  The subtext of that statement is I make less money than the underpaid public school teachers.

Shopping on a dime, looking professional, and young are my priority when it comes to fashion.  I love these sweaters from Target.  I have three in different colors.  They are so versatile and go with a lot.  Plus in Southern California there is not a lot of weather so this sweater is all you really need on those "winter" days.

The skirt from Old Navy has been in my closet since my first year teaching in 2007.  This thing goes with everything and will not wear out.

The shoes from Roxy I actually bought at Ross.  They are not the most professional shoes in the world, but on long teacher days my feet do not hurt and they are pretty cute too. That is all I have for you today.

What is your favorite piece of clothing that you found on a budget?  Where would you recommend shopping?  What is your favorite comfortable item that you make work with a work wardrobe.

24 comments:

  1. my basic wardrobe is leggings and jeans. i'm lucky. but it's hard to shop professionally sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a budget shopper, but when I'm actually working on my feet all day, I really need comfortable shoes. When I started beauty school I got a pair of Clarks-they're not the prettiest, but they allowed me to stand for 8 hours at a time with no pain, and I appreciate them for that reason! Clarks is my favorite brand when it comes to comfortable, professional shoes. But I don't wear them just for fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my weekend wardrobe. Also sweat pants are a must as soon as I walk in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard good things about Clarks! I keep meaning to check those out! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Target for business casual blouses and Express for pencil skirts. Basically all Express clothing is perfect, but not great for my college student budget lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley @ Married to the GameFebruary 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM

    I was like wait why is there a kid laying on the table?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shopping at thrift stores. Those are really for budgets. I also love a pair of flats for work and skinny pants or jeans. Seems like people are so busy at my school that no one really even notices what others wear. Or at least I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking put together on a budget is hard to do, but there are great places like old navy, h&m, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun post! (I sure wish a light sweater was all we needed for Chicago winter, how nice would that be?!) I love that you still wear things from years ago... I do this too with quite a few favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love express too! I don't own much from them but their items are always cute for work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! i am just that awesome of a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I liked thrift stores! I get the heebby jeebies wearing something someone else did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man I do not know how you do that in Chicago! I would die. I have a few items that have been there forever, I like to think I spent my money well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This photo is hilarious to me.. the whole class has their head on their desk as if they're sleeping.. and my basic wardrobe is Old Navy black yoga pants and fun t-shirts or Old Navy jeans -- oh and flip flops. But you look totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, private school teachers make less than public school teachers?! I figured it would be opposite. And this is why I work in Corporate America (even though I'm not fond of it and would rather teach children than adults).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually love me some Ann Taylor. I only buy their sale stuff when it is on deeeeep sale.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a pre-k teacher and I'm all about those target sweaters to dress up my tshirt dresses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw this on Instagram and I thought it was great! Definitely something I'd make a teacher do! :) Definitely agree with the lack of cold weather- sweaters are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks! i wish I was a PE teacher so yoga pants could be my "uniform"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes they make less, usually. I think some schools manage their money well or charge enough in tuition to really pay teachers a good salary. Most though are lower by at least 5-10 K. teaching Children is fun most of the time! At least for adults they should be a little more responsible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha! you would be a fun student to teach Hima!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mad props to you! I taught Kinder for 2 weeks and was never so tired in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  23. word! I love her sale that usually happens at the beginning of the school year.

    ReplyDelete