Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Don't Ya Guitar Fret Week 2

Welcome back to Everything Erica Loves Don't Ya Guitar Fret Songs of the week 
In case you were wondering the title of these posts are totally a play on words.  A fret on a guitar are the bars that change the note you are playing. Trust me I play guitar.  Instead of saying "Don't fret" I just say "Don't ya guitar fret."  It is strange and I am seeking help I assure you. 
This weeks songs are quite random and they are all artists or songs that I just love. 
 
 
Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John
Excuse me, this song always makes me happy.  I think it is one you have to sing dramatically to and hit all the words like Elton does.  Personally I love EJ.  His songs just make me happy.  Can someone please take me to see him in concert, like right now?
 
Gone Gone Gone by Phillip Phillips
I am not a big American Idol fan.  However, I am a huge Phillip Phillips fan.  This kid is great.  If the song doesn't make you happy just remember that your parents were more creative than his and gave you a first name that was different than your last name.
 
Peace Train by Cat Stevens 
Everyone needs a little hippie music in their life!  This song always reminds me of the scene in Remember the Titans where things are turning around for the team and the town and a cop stops Julius to say good game.  It is always sweet. 
 
I Knew you were Trouble by Taylor Swift
I am not a huge T Swift fan, but her latest album Red is really great.  I love singing her silly songs like "WEEEEEE are never getting back together" and "I knew you were trouble." 
 
Summertime by Kenny Chesney
This song just screams, "I love summer!"  Maybe I chose it because I am going to see Kenny TOMORROW, or because I just love Kenny.  Whatever the reason I think this weekend needs to be a celebration of all things summer. 
 
Listen here.
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful summer filled weekend!  Check back Monday for my concert of the year review (I have high hopes Kenny and Eric!)
 
In case you want last weeks list you can can check it out here
And a very happy birthday to my bestie, Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment