Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

What A Weekend

As I sit here in my apartment and reflect on my weekend I am overwhelmed with how incredibly blessed I am.  I have such great friends, a wonderful place to live (I mean come on, I love So Cal!), and I am young and healthy and can enjoy my life.  Again I am incredibly blessed. 

This weekend was just back to back fun and great times with loved ones. 

Friday night Justina and I went to The Ranch in Anahiem for some line dancing.  We usually go on Thursdays because there are lessons and it is mostly fun line dancing with a little couples dancing.  This was our first and probably last Friday experience.  The Friday night crowd is promarily old couples cutting it up on the dance floor, two stepping their hearts out.  It was cute to watch them, but not as fun as actually dancing yourself.  

We still had a great time and learned a new line dance and watched a band preform.  The band was amazing, and I am pretty sure the bass player was Homeless Jeff Bridges.  Pretty awesome I know! 

Jus and I after our epic evening. 
My sad/angry/Brando in the Godfather impressions.  Apparently asking for water at a bar gets you a straw with a knot tied in it. 
Saturday afternoon I went with my momma and met some of our old friends for lunch at the Yard House at Victoria Gardens.  Let me just say, I love the Yard House!  

The friends we met are some of the people I have known the longest.  I was told on Friday that maintaing friendships over a long course of time is a mark of maturity.  Well then Amanda and I are extremely mature. I have known my friend Amanda since 3rd grade and we have stayed friends all this time.  I was even her Maid of Honor a year and a half ago.  We live a little ways apart, but make an effort to get together when we can and catch up.  Our moms have been friends that whole time too, so it is usually a family affair. 

Amanda's mom and my mom.  
Amanda and I.  I have some stunning pictures from our childhood that will probably be making an apperance here this summer. 
Amanda and her husband Wayne are so sweet and supportive.  They both told me that they love my little blog here.  Wayne even went to far as to make fun of me based on this blog post about Country Rappers.


Saturday night I also went to the movies with my friend Laura.  We actually went to breakfast together that morning and decided to see a movie later in the day.  We both made a joke about seeing Grown Ups 2.  Then I said I actually really wanted to see it because I liked Grown Ups.  She felt the exact same way. 

All I have to say is if you are planning on seeing Grown Ups 2, don't.  It was by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  That being said it has provided loads of laughs and funny stories for the weekend so i guess it wasn't the worst way to spend 2 hours.   Laura and I need to be better about taking pictures together.  This is sad that we have none from the weekend. 

I also went to church with Laura this morning.  It was such a great service about not worrying.  Apparently I need to hear this a lot as it has been a topic of conversation all weekend!  More on this topic tomorrow. 

This evening I went with Justina to my favorite driving range called Island Golf Center and hit a bucket of balls.  We are taking lessons this summer and our instructor told us to practice.  He kind of scares us so we went out to improve our mad skills.  Really it is just fun to hit a ton of balls into a lake.  My goal is to make it in the boat in the middle of the pond one day.

I wrote a little number about this place that you can read here.


I am sure my form is terrible, but I am getting better, promise. 

Justina's intense concentration are going to get her into the PGA next week, just you wait. 


On a sad note, my right hand had a bad day.  My thumb had an incident with the cheese grater, which is just further proof that I am not domestic as I wrote about in my post about here called I Am Not A Chef.  And while golfing I got a blister on my middle finger and then the skin ripped off.  On a positive note it has made typing this post extra fun. 
a

Whatever you did this weekend I hope it was great.  Feel free to share some of your favorite things to do and places to go.  I am always looking for new things to do.

                 

                     love! Erica

3 comments:

  1. Your friendship with your friend Amanda reminds me of my friendship with my best friend Amelia. We have known each other since we were three years old and out mom's are best friends too. We now go to college in two different states but try to get together at often as possible.

    XX
    Em
    http://emmajudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no about your right hand! grating your hand or fingers on the cheese grater is the worse or when you rip a nail on the grater, just can't win. i haven't been to the ranch yet, need to go stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard The Ranch is so much fun. I've never been, but I need to go asap!
    I used to go to Stampede out in Temecula EVERY friday. It's so worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete