Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Don't Ya Guitar Fret Songs of the Week 1

Yesterday was one of the most fun days I have ever had as a blogger.  I loved opening my computer to see many new page views, new followers, and new comments.  Thanks to those of you who found Everything Erica Loves yesterday and decided to stick around for more.  And thanks to Bon for just being amazing!


Is there anything better than music to lift your mood and make you happy?  Sure, but music is one of the fastest easiest ways to get out of a funk that I have found.  I am not sure if you noticed but this week I have been thinking a lot about relaxing and letting things go without tons of worry.  In case you missed it you can read my posts here: The In Between Age and Every Little Thing's Gonna Be Alright.

I have a few friends who are not in love with some aspects of their life.  Whether it is work, relationships, or just the day to day challenges they find themselves in.  I can relate and I have had times where I was unhappy and worried about what my future held.  Heck, if I am really honest I have to remind myself on a daily basis to stop fretting and be in the moment. 

I decided to send a friend of mine a happy song every day this week.  I am not sure if she loved getting an email everyday with a happy song, but I had fun sending it to her and finding songs.

I had so much fun I decided to share my weekly happy playlist with you all.  Some of the selections on this list will be totally cliche, others will be obscure, some will be country, some classic rock, some current hits, and some in other languages.  Overall they are my personal happy songs that I play when I am feeling a little down.  I hope you enjoy and build your playlist with me.  

If you have any suggestions please leave a comment and I will get it in a playlist. 

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
I mean come on.  This has to be the first song on the list right?  In fact it is the song that inspired this whole idea.

Quelqu'un m'a dit by Carla Bruni
I love this song!  I don't have a clue what it is about, but I love it.  It sounds so joyful and I like to make up my own translations.
 

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line
Yes this is a pretty country song, but I just picture myself by a lake partying it up with these boys and I am happy. 

Brand New Day by Joshua Radin
I love Josh R's early work.  This song is a great reminder that each day starts anew.

Drink in My Hand by Eric Church
If you know me you know i barely ever drink. Half a Blue Moon and I am happy.  Even though I am a total lightweight this is my favorite "I am so happy it is the weekend song."

Happy Week 1 by Erica Thompson on Grooveshark

Happy Week 1 Playlist


As always you can follow my happy music loving self on Instagram @ericajt


 photo Signature_zps032dabba.png

No comments:

Post a Comment