Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Devotional Thoughts

I like to have a simple devotional that I read on an almost daily basis.  I am not going to kid myself or your and say that I do devotionals everyday.  I try, but Ya know sometimes I fall asleep before I get to it in the day.  Sorry Jesus. 

I read through My Utmost for His HIghest many times and was looking for a new daily read.  Then I was given Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It is short, to teh point, and gives me something to reflect on throughout my day.  

All that to say I have been feeling a little unfocused withen it comes to time with God.  I think of other things, I do not feel like I have clear guidance, and I worry a little too much. I have not been fond of this and I have been wanting to be able to clear my mind and just be with the Lord. 

Monday's devotional reminded me to do this. 

July 8

When you seek My Face, put aside thoughts of everything else.
I am above all, as well as in all; your communion with Me transcends both time and circumstances. Be prepared to be blessed bountifully by My Presence, for I am a God of unlimited abundance. Open wide your heart and mind to receive more and more of Me. When your Joy in Me meets My Joy in you, there are fireworks of heavenly ecstasy. This is eternal life here and now: a tiny foretaste of what awaits you in the life to come. Now you see only a poor reflection as in a mirror, but then you will see face to Face.

“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”
—John 15:11

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
—1 Corinthians 13:12

I was just encouraged this week to try and focus my mind and not be overwhelmed by everything that can happen.  I am grateful for people whoseek God and encourage others to do the same.  I have committed to spending time with God this week and not letting my 324 other things distract me, easier said than done. 

I hope you can find time in your day to seek God and look for his presence in your life on a regular basis. 



love! Erica

 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that Jesus Calling is really good. Have you heard of She Reads Truth? I'm doing that right now and it's REALLY good. Check it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete