Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shelly's Missed Connection

This morning I was so happy when I noticed I had a voicemail waiting for mr on my phone. I was happy because no one calls anymore. It is all text, email, we chat, qq, hate mail. Never phone calls.

I looked at the number and did not recognize it. My phone told me they were calling from Northern Los Angeles. Weird because I don't have any friends there. Then I listened to my new message. It went like this:

"Hi this is Shelly, I received a phone call from you last night. It's Shelly the one that you met at Target. Yeah. Um. I'd like to met with you and see if this could work. Ok? Thank you bye."

Shoot not a message for me. How do I know it isn't for me. There are four major reasons I know it was meant for someone else.

1. I didn't call her.

2. I have not been in a Target for three weeks

3. I don't live in North LA.

4. I like guys.

So even though Shelly is barking up the wrong tree I feel kind of bad for her. I think she needs to find someone. It is my mission to find a date for this girl. 

Her major selling points.
1. Clearly she is looking for love.

2. She was bold and gave someone her number and called them back.

3. She is courteous and calls you back when you call her.

4. She shops at Target. She may even have a red card and can save 5%.

5. She might forget the whole thing ever happened if you go out with her and dump her.

6. She throws caution to the wind. Who is Erica? Is that who I met at Target? Is it that guy's girlfriend? Did I dial the number wrong? Did he give me a bad number? I don't know. Oh well I will leave a message anyway.

If you are Shelly, sorry wrong number. If you like to meet Shelly at a Target near her send me an email telling me why and I will let her know. Be forewarned that she might go up to the wrong person though. She has had issues with remembering people in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment